Car problem - help please

Jillyanne

I have a W reg 2.0l sri Astra, I have noticed lately that is is revving on it's own when stationary, then cuts out altogether. It had a full service back in July. Any ideas what the problem could be please anyone?

My Astra had the same problem, doesn't do it any more though after it died completely back in the summer and they fitted some new bits. Get it down Vauxhall.

It's the Flux Capacitor same thing happened to me mates.

If you want a good reliable friendly service and cheap try the following garage, they will also come out to you as well any time day/night:

E. Browns Auto Repairs - 023 80 616263

I have a W reg 2.0l sri Astra, I have noticed lately that is is revving on it's own when stationary, then cuts out altogether. It had a full service back in July. Any ideas what the problem could be please anyone?
Hi jilly are you getting the MIL light coming on (looks like an orange engine on the dash) if it is, then i can put on my code checker, and read what the problem is for you if your in the southampton area. HTH

Follow up for you Jilly, did some checking and the normal faults for this problem is the Crank sensor + or - the EGR valve. HTH

p.s ITS ABOUT £300+ to do at a Vauxhall dealer, but cheaper at a good independant!!

Thats extortionate even for a dealer! I've just bought a coil pack for £40 and a crank shaft sensor for £18 for my Vectra ... the local garage are fitting them for £25 (half hour labour). Buy the parts yourself online and save a lot of £

Thats extortionate even for a dealer! I've just bought a coil pack for £40 and a crank shaft sensor for £18 for my Vectra ... the local garage are fitting them for £25 (half hour labour). Buy the parts yourself online and save a lot of £
Yeah but thats main dealers for you!!!;)

P.S dont forget the have to clear the fault codes in the EMS as well!!