Bike trailer

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Anyone on here got a motorbike trailer I can borrow/hire for the weekend of the Tranmere game? I need to collect a Kawasaki ZL600 from Liverpool on the Sunday.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I've just bought a new bike and am looking for a bit of advice on insurance companies. Does anyone have any experience of a good one, or are they all as bad as each other? The bike is a Suzuki SV650S 05 model.

It depends what you want from your insurance company really, legal assistance, european cover, breakdown asst. etc

You are best off registering on a comparison website, that way you will have every option and be able to really personalise your policy before you buy it.

Try http://www.gocompare.com

It should take about 15 minutes to complete registration, after that you'll be away.

Nice bike by the way, half faired bandit if im correct?

It depends what you want from your insurance company really, legal assistance, european cover, breakdown asst. etc

You are best off registering on a comparison website, that way you will have every option and be able to really personalise your policy before you buy it.

Try http://www.gocompare.com

It should take about 15 minutes to complete registration, after that you'll be away.

Nice bike by the way, half faired bandit if im correct?

Thanks, I was kind of hoping for some personal experience. All the reviews that I read online tend to be from the people who have had bad experiences (I guess that's the only time you really have anything to say about your insurance company).

Yeah, I think the bike is good. Its a 2 cyclinder engine not a 4 pot like a Bandit so the power delivery is spread out over the rev range - a bit like a diesel car engine.

Yep, a cruiser with a Ninja 600 engine. 1986 model needing a little TLC.

Cruisers aren't quite my cup of tea, as I don't like the weight distribution and the feet-forward, armchair feel. This one doesn't look too bad in that department though. Welcome to the fold all the same, DSM. One less car on the road is always an advantage.

kawasaki_zl_600_1986_4_lgw.jpg

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

This one is in black and needs carbs balancing (?), fork seals, a choke cable and tarting up a bit. It is a runner though. A bit of a project for my son and me.

This one is in black and needs carbs balancing (?), fork seals, a choke cable and tarting up a bit. It is a runner though. A bit of a project for my son and me.

Carbs balancing..! I vaguely remember an old method which works, and is very low tech, but really you need to use vacuum gauges with modern machinery, and a mid' 1980's Kwacker certainly qualifies. Here's an introduction.

http://www.bikeguru.co.uk/carbs.html

This is the moment where I have a little gloat over my mate and his VFR750FV. My 800Fi is, of course, injection. I dread the day something goes wrong with that system though.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Saw a 51 plate TT as a Cat C salvage, done 3,300 miles and needing new O/S handlebar, O/S front fairing, rear set and tank is dented. Paid £900.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Nope, too much outlay for an old bike and this one looked a better option in the long run.

If you can get one cheaply enough, spend out on a bike lift, if you haven't got one already. For a project, it'll certainly make working on the bike much less of a pain. They're bloody expensive normally, but you should be able to get a secondhand one for £50. It'll also make servicing the bike easier, if you intend to do your own.