Asturius Sports

pedg

Think this needs a new thread.

In thread:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25

Q. How quickly will he let Asturius Sport take over?

Hmm interesting. I'll let the usual suspects get digging.

Asturius Bridgend

Asturius Developments

Asturius Europe

Asturius Hospitality

Asturius Media

Asturius Sport

All limited companies, formed (or renamed) over the last couple of months.

All based at:

C/O CW FELLOWES LIMITED TEMPLARS HOUSE

LULWORTH CLOSE

CHANDLERS FORD

HAMPSHIRE

SO53 3TL

Fellowes rings a bell doesn't it?

Website (with nowt on it really) here:

http://asturius.com/

Dunno, prior to June they were called PETRO MANDATE (BRIDGEND) LIMITED

Asturius Europe were PETRO MANDATE (UK SERVICES) LIMITED

Asturius Hospitality were PETRO MANDATE (HOSPITALITY) LIMITED

Asturius Sport were PETRO MANDATE (SPORT & LEISURE) LIMITED

Dave Merrington is a director of Asturius Sports

It looks like the vehicle that would be used by fulthorpe to take over has been identified, question is does it have any petrol in it yet?

A ship called the SS Asturias played the part of the Titanic in the film A Night To Remember, and also evacuated families from Port Said in Egypt to Southampton during the Suez crisis. Couple of Southampton links there (also the typo reminds me of previous takeover sagas....)

Thanks.

Oh, and what the f**k does this all mean??

the name Asturius sports was 'leaked' in the first post (probably from the PM doing the rounds (don't know as never get sent them :()) Then the dogs of investigation were let loose.

Apparently.....

A (possibly the) Jonathan Fulthorpe set up a Petro Mandate International company in florida in 2006

Some petro Mandate UK companies recently got renamed to Asturius

Dave Merrington is a director on one of these

Whether these all tie together as it implies is another matter.

Edited by pedg

I don't understand Digger's question. There IS a bid? (which appears to be denied in Wilde's little epic). The bid, or the offer of one, is being blocked? And by whom? This shell company is otherwise actually ready to take over?

A ship called the SS Asturias played the part of the Titanic in the film A Night To Remember, and also evacuated families from Port Said in Egypt to Southampton during the Suez crisis. Couple of Southampton links there (also the typo reminds me of previous takeover sagas....)

Keep a lookout we are due to hit the iceberg very soon...probably first game of the season...hope the lifeboats are ready in the form of loan full backs

I don't understand Digger's question. There IS a bid? (which appears to be denied in Wilde's little epic). The bid, or the offer of one, is being blocked? And by whom? This shell company is otherwise actually ready to take over?

If Fulthorpe was intending to take over he would probably need a company to do so. If things connect as implied these are the companies that would do the taking over but there is no indication that things have progressed past the 'setting up to be ready' stage.

If Fulthorpe was intending to take over he would probably need a company to do so. If things connect as implied these are the companies that would do the taking over but there is no indication that things have progressed past the 'setting up to be ready' stage.

Right, but Digger's question was about whether and when the club would 'let' this shell company take over. That's a whole bundle of issues right there!

Right, but Digger's question was about whether and when the club would 'let' this shell company take over. That's a whole bundle of issues right there!

I would hazard a guess that Digger's post was purely designed to whip up some interest on here, much as it has done. Who is the mysterious Digger anyway?

I suspect the answer would be the same generally as what Lowe, Wilde and the bank probably said to Fulthorpe, et al, at the 'put up or shut up' stage before we went out of the bid situation. They can take over when they come up with the cash. Wilde just about said as much in his statement.

If further opportunities arise to improve the club's financial position, they will be examined on their merits at the time. This will hold equally true in respect of any bona fide offer received to acquire the share capital of the company.

Or indeed any indication of what they are 'setting up to be ready' for. Far more likely to be running a tennis club in Chandlers Ford, a mortgage brokers in Bournemouth or a freesheet in Eastleigh. ie its puff, gossip, wumery, guff, crap.

Or indeed any indication of what they are 'setting up to be ready' for. Far more likely to be running a tennis club in Chandlers Ford, a mortgage brokers in Bournemouth or a freesheet in Eastleigh. ie its puff, gossip, wumery, guff, crap.

The list of companies registered would seem to indicate a large sporting venture, would they not?

I would say that if the person saying Dave Merrington is on the Board of AS is correct and we had constant rumours that he was involved in the Fulthorpe 'bid' then I think that's rather more than just picking on a random company name.

I would hazard a guess that Digger's post was purely designed to whip up some interest on here, much as it has done. Who is the mysterious Digger anyway?

Quite. Is this supposed to be some sort of an attempt to put pressure on the club? Or are we the victim of another ITK infection?

I would say that if the person saying Dave Merrington is on the Board of AS is correct and we had constant rumours that he was involved in the Fulthorpe 'bid' then I think that's rather more than just picking on a random company name.

Have you heard of six degrees of separation?

Have you heard of six degrees of separation?

Yes, and if you check I have gone to great length to say that these things 'appear' to fit together and not that they do. I think the key thing I would like to know is are Dave Merrington and Jonathan Fulthorpe DIRECTLY linked to Asturius sports?

Yes, and if you check I have gone to great length to say that these things 'appear' to fit together and not that they do. I think the key thing I would like to know is are Dave Merrington and Jonathan Fulthorpe DIRECTLY linked to Asturius sports?

Then why you dont you find out - ie have some basis in fact - before posting?

So far you have "some bloke who was supposedly advising a rumoured putative bidder for Saints is now guessed to be a director of a new company set up to do we dont know what".

Then why you dont you find out - ie have some basis in fact - before posting?

So far you have "some bloke who was supposedly advising a rumoured putative bidder for Saints is now guessed to be a director of a new company set up to do we dont know what".

To be fair to pedg, that's easier said than done - and probably a point that should be directed at Digger.

To be fair to pedg, that's easier said than done - and probably a point that should be directed at Digger.

I'm not getting at Pedg - hes a good poster. But the people who pick up and run with wild rumours based on nothing, and at an important and difficult time for the club, dont help.

I'm not getting at Pedg - hes a good poster. But the people who pick up and run with wild rumours based on nothing, and at an important and difficult time for the club, dont help.

Right. So if Digger would come back on here and explain what he meant, that would tell us something one way or another. I won't hold my breath though - cryptic one-liners are usually clear enough indicators of which way this will go.

It was obvious from Diggers casual drop of the name that it was either part of one of the current rumours or someone wanted it to be. All I am trying to do is find out asap if it is a plausible rumour or another pile of crop circles.

Plus, as I said above, even if all the bits fall together all we may have been given is the same of the company that MIGHT be used in a takeover. There are enough people who were convinces that Fulthorpe was trying to organise something to completely disregard it and if he was then its almost certain he would need a shell company to do it through. All that has happened is that someone may have told us the name of that shell company but it does not change the current 'no bid on the table for the club' situation one iota.

Edited by pedg

Fulthorpe has been unable to raise money to take over Saints in our current position. His best hope was relegation followed by administration. As that didnt happen he is letting Wilde and Lowe cut the losses and put in place the foundations of a good team and then hopes he can nick in with a low offer on a tide of public support. That is unrealistic and undesirable. You only accept the disruption of a takeover if you are sure the new owners will be better. Another ego with zero track record of meaningful success and little money is not better.

All IMO blah blah.

Ok now this has come to light. Ill post some bits. Myself and Um Pahars were invited by one of my suppliers to the MLT suite for the West Ham game, when we were shown to our table to our surprise JF, JC, DM and another guy who I have know for years were on our table. Their business name of Asturius Sport Ltd was also in the holder. I have since downloaded the companies records for this company and there are few more names which Im not going to disclose but free to look for yourself. But JF is very much into his football and a very nice guy as were JC and we all know about DM.

"If it happens it happens" is my motto now since we have had god knows how many rumours etc.

To be fair though the company name has been know for some time, someone mentioned it on the old forum

Did NAMG and Tricon also have a table ? ;)

Made me laugh too. You can imagine them sitting around thinking - how can we rustle up some rumours and PR in support of our underfinanced little group? Ooh I know we'll invite a TSF admin and that funny man from the Saints Trust to a game and we'll put 'Asturius' in the name holder and wink and nudge a bit.

Made me laugh too. You can imagine them sitting around thinking - how can we rustle up some rumours and PR in support of our underfinanced little group? Ooh I know we'll invite a TSF admin and that funny man from the Saints Trust to a game and we'll put 'Asturius' in the name holder and wink and nudge a bit.

Have to say that made me chuckle, although have to make it clear that they were just on our table and had nothing to do with our invite. We did have a laugh when we walked up and saw them as we knew about the rumours of JF / DM etc and their consortium from here and the press etc

Just had a look on the credit search engine we use at work and Jonathan Mark Fulthorpe is a director of all of the Asturius companies, but Merrington was not on any of them.

The only other guys to be a director of all the companies is John Cousins, doesn't mean anything to me??

Just had a look on the credit search engine we use at work and Jonathan Mark Fulthorpe is a director of all of the Asturius companies, but Merrington was not on any of them.

The only other guys to be a director of all the companies is John Cousins, doesn't mean anything to me??

Isnt it illegal to peform a credit search on someone without there permission?

Out of curiosity do you have a list of the Good, The Bad and the ugly. IMHO,

I think you are GOOD. But on the other hand Trousers is different class. That was until he started going missing most of the day on those long lunches. Then again he might be out there amongst it getting good info, like the very Good poster he is.

Creditsafe, Dunn and Bradstreet, just two examples of credit scoring companies that anyone can pay to get a credit report on a registered company from.

It does NOT give you a rating on any individual, it tells you who the directors are and any companies house disclosed accounting information....

Isnt it illegal to peform a credit search on someone without there permission?

I think he got his terms wrong. Its a company check not a credit check as such. Just goto companies house like did and pay £1 for a detailed listing

Right so Asturius Sports is something to do with JF but there is no sign of anything at all happening w.r.t. a takeover involving it.

Move along, nothing to see here... (not in a chief wiggam way)

It's interesting that the different Asturius companies seem to have some directors the same, but others are different. Makes you wonder if some of the people have special interests/areas of expertise?

Maria Thompson wouldn't happen to be related to Paul Thompson would she?

It's interesting that the different Asturius companies seem to have some directors the same, but others are different. Makes you wonder if some of the people have special interests/areas of expertise?

Maria Thompson wouldn't happen to be related to Paul Thompson would she?

Which Paul Thompson?