FM2010 Patch 10.3 & January update

Matthew Le God

Think I have a problem. I downloaded the game from the disc but had Steam installed so it did some big mumbo jumbo with that.

However steam started messing my computer up so I just uninstalled it and then reinstalled the game normally.

The "boxed game" update download isn't working which makes me think i've messed the whole thing up.

Is it possible for you to list the changes that have been made to Saints??

Thanks for the patch, been waiting for ages to re-start as Saints!!

I made so many changes to the players it would take me ages to list them. I may get round to a brief summary at some point soon.

Obviously Barnard, Puncheon, Fonte, Seaborne and Otsemobor are now at the club and I have also made changes to the backroom staff.

Most significant change is that Markus Liebherr is now a foreground sugar daddy. This may result in him investing loads into the team as you progress. Obviously it is hard to tell what his plans are in real life but that can be said of every football team owner.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I made so many changes to the players in would take me ages to list them. I may get round to a brief summary at some point soon.

Obviously Barnard, Puncheon, Fonte, Seaborne and Otsemobor are now at the club and I have also made changes to the backroom staff.

Most significant change is that Markus Liebherr is now a foreground sugar daddy. This may result in him investing loads into the team as you progress. Obviously it is hard to tell what his plans are in real life but that can be said of every football team owner.

Awesome - Just waiting to finish downloading and get back to taking the Saints back to the top! COYR!

Liking the changes, £3million to spend looks good! Connolly finishing is 12 though, thought may be a bit higher, but our squad overall is good. Fonte is class for L1 on here, as he is in real life. Better get started then! Get the wheeling and dealing on the go from the off.

Downloaded the 180mb file... but it's an unknown file type (called 'FM2010_v10.3.0_PC_Patch[1]'), and hasn't exectuted. Have I missed something, or is there some directory the file needs to be stored in, or does the game just recognise that there is a patch somewhere on the machine? Did it automatically install after the download for others?

Perhaps it's because I'm on a 64 bit machine?

EDIT: worked it out. I simply needed to add the '.exe' myself. For some reason the patch downloaded without the file extention!

Edited by Joensuu

So you cannot renew contracts at all?

I've not tried, but any contracts i've offered to free agents, bids i've made for contracted players (and then contracts i've then offered) and contracts i've offered to staff are cancelled without me knowing anything. I did manage to sign Fabrice Muamba on loan from Bolton though, so perhaps it doesn't affect loans.

I had this issue on the last patch as well, but it cleared up after a while. Maybe it was just that particular game. I'll start a new (new) game tomorrow and see if it's still happening then. Good work on the player updates though MLG, our squad is pretty epic! Although Kelvin needs to be better.

Managed to get Elliot Ward(250k) Harewood(750k), Gavin Mcann(850k), Bostock(loan), Chris Basham(loan), Josh Walker(loan), Tim Matavz(loan)

Chasing Adranik, Richard Hughes and Mame Diouf

Sold Wotton, Perry and Pulis on free's

See no reason why I can't get up first time of asking with this squad

I've had loads of problems since using this patch. I now doesn't display the 3D games, I can only view them 2D. It crashes every time I save as well. Could it be that I'm using a custom skin? Think I'll try uninstalling the skin and see how that works out.

Anyone else having any problems?

--------Davis

Semi-Fonte-Jaidi-Harding

---Hammond-Morgan

Lallana------------Puncheon

---Lambert---Barnard

Barnard as target man, Barnard as poacher.

Fonte ball playing CB, Jaidi limited (bless him).

Hammond Ball winning CM, Morgan attacking playmaker.

That team would be good enough to get promoted anyways, nevermind with the new signings.

Might I suggest to anyone who needs to relax a little, start a new game and take over Pompey and just completely wreck them. It is so much fun. They're doing a good job on their own, but i've managed to sign 50 players on frees with £5k a week wages. Wage bill is £300k over, we're £25million in debt (should be more anyway) and admin could well be on its way before the season even begins.

EDIT; £400k over the budget now :D

Edited by Saint_clark

I would play, fitting with the tactic I have.

Davis

Semi Fonte Jaidi Harding

James

Hammond Schneiderlin

Lallana

Barnard Lambert

However, with signings I have made my team is:

Davis

Semi Fonte Ward Harding

Mcann

Hammond Schneiderlin

Lallana

Harewood Lambert

Edited by saintsforlife7

Might I suggest to anyone who needs to relax a little, start a new game and take over Pompey and just completely wreck them. It is so much fun. They're doing a good job on their own, but i've managed to sign 50 players on frees with £5k a week wages. Wage bill is £300k over, we're £25million in debt (should be more anyway) and admin could well be on its way before the season even begins.

EDIT; £400k over the budget now :D

Look at the future loans they have to pay and you really don't have to do anything.