Tradesmen/services

landford.saint

In this of financial downturn, people of all occupations are finding it hard, how about an area where people can offer skills and services. I'm sure we can help put customers and skilled people together.

I have a daughter, qualified painter and decorator looking for work, must be some one out there who needs some work doing, or a contractor looking for another pair of hands.

What sort of advertising is your daughter doing?

I've recently started my own business doing house / garden repairs and maintenance (http://www.agp-maintenance.co.uk) and I can't say I've really had a problem finding work.

There's definitely work out there to be done, I don't think the economic downturn is affecting tradesmen anywhere near as much as it was last summer as you drive around you see nearly every building site is back up and running and you rarely see vans parked up on drives anymore.

Obviously this is going to be a quiet time for all painter / decorators - once we start getting the warmer weather and spring comes along I'm sure things will pick up.

Hate to say it but the reason she is struggling to find that kind of work is probably because she's a woman. I know a female decorator down here who does a fantastic job, but doesn't get half the work another male decorator gets when he costs a third more.

Hate to say it but the reason she is struggling to find that kind of work is probably because she's a woman. I know a female decorator down here who does a fantastic job, but doesn't get half the work another male decorator gets when he costs a third more.

Unfortunately in this so called land of equality I have to agree with you... But with the number of women now living alone you would have thought some of them would have been happier having a woman trampling through thier house than a man.