Good pub for Doncaster with free parking

Baj

Just received this email, thought some of you might find it helpful.

My name is Andy Evans. I am the landlord of the Fitzwilliam Arms in Doncaster DN1 3RH.

The pub is only 15min max walk from the Keepmoat Stadium.

I have a large, secure car park off Oxford Place, (Free), and if informed in advance can accommodate up to 4 coaches as well as cars. (Need reg & Coach company name to inform local constabulary in case of any re-routing; they will guide you here if necessary with prior warning)

The pub is also only 5-10min max walk from the railway station.

See Link:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=Doncaster+Rail+Station+%4053.521500,-1.140230&daddr=Oxford+Pl&hl=en&geocode=FVysMAMd-pnu_w%3B&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=53.519045,-1.13724&sspn=0.005499,0.013819&ie=UTF8&ll=53.519046,-1.137514&spn=0.005499,0.013819&z=16

We offer a friendly atmosphere and a good pint in pleasant surroundings away from the immediate town centre.

Let me know if fans have an interest in stopping off here and we can make all necessary arrangements to make it a good visit (Result dependent).

Suggestion when travelling: Do not follow main game traffic getting off at junction 3 M18. Go to A1M Junction 36 and take the turning for Doncaster, The pub is on an estate off the same road (A630) just on the edge of town centre (In the middle of the high rise flats)

Had good responses from Cardiff, Coventry and Charlton fans with some great reviews especially footie food:

Home made Steak pie, Peas and chips with gravy :£3.95 Hot Roast pork & Stuffing with apple sauce: £2.50 Burger & Chips with salad garnish : £3.00 Chip Butty :£1.50

Pizzas: £6.00

Best Regards

Andy & Jackie

01302-360008

Anyone wants to know any info on Doncaster tomorrow (where to go/park & where not to go/park etc) post your questions on here and I'll give you any info you need.

driving up with kids in tow, not interested in boozer unfortunately, but best and safest place to park with kids in colours etc would be great

Hatch- One of the few pubs in Donny I've not been in, Its in a rough(ish area) in walking distance from train station & ground. Many away fans have used it this season and I've heard no bad reports.My advice would beto go for it.

Andy-Good choice, loads of bars within stumbling distance,My advice would be to ring 01302 323333 and order a taxi from the pub you are in for around 2.20-2.30.

Adethorne,You can park at the ground £5 or the industrial units nearby usually charge £3-£4, otherwise head for the Dome leisure centre for free parking and a picturesque 15-20 min walk around the lake to the ground. You will have no problems with wearing colours ANYWHERE near the ground.

Thorpe No taxis unless you book on the above number, there are usually buses back to the town centre or its a 15-20 min walk.

Enjoy your day lads .

Doncaster is the pikey capital of England.

You've never been have you???

Congrats on today best team won,we weren't at the races (but should have had at least 1 pen ourselves,theser things happen I suppose)

Hope the Saints fan I spoke to in the lakeside bar enjoys his night in town tonight. I will buy him & his missus a drink by way of congratultions if I see him later.

See you in Jan when we make amends!!

Just received this email, thought some of you might find it helpful.

My name is Andy Evans. I am the landlord of the Fitzwilliam Arms in Doncaster DN1 3RH.

The pub is only 15min max walk from the Keepmoat Stadium.

I have a large, secure car park off Oxford Place, (Free), and if informed in advance can accommodate up to 4 coaches as well as cars. (Need reg & Coach company name to inform local constabulary in case of any re-routing; they will guide you here if necessary with prior warning)

The pub is also only 5-10min max walk from the railway station.

See Link:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=Doncaster+Rail+Station+%4053.521500,-1.140230&daddr=Oxford+Pl&hl=en&geocode=FVysMAMd-pnu_w%3B&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=53.519045,-1.13724&sspn=0.005499,0.013819&ie=UTF8&ll=53.519046,-1.137514&spn=0.005499,0.013819&z=16

We offer a friendly atmosphere and a good pint in pleasant surroundings away from the immediate town centre.

Let me know if fans have an interest in stopping off here and we can make all necessary arrangements to make it a good visit (Result dependent).

Suggestion when travelling: Do not follow main game traffic getting off at junction 3 M18. Go to A1M Junction 36 and take the turning for Doncaster, The pub is on an estate off the same road (A630) just on the edge of town centre (In the middle of the high rise flats)

Had good responses from Cardiff, Coventry and Charlton fans with some great reviews especially footie food:

Home made Steak pie, Peas and chips with gravy :£3.95 Hot Roast pork & Stuffing with apple sauce: £2.50 Burger & Chips with salad garnish : £3.00 Chip Butty :£1.50

Pizzas: £6.00

Best Regards

Andy & Jackie

01302-360008

Having now tried this place, quick review for the future, if we ever meet again.

Food was great value, generous portion of pie mushy peas and chips with plenty of meat but it was served literally hours after it was ordered and the pie wasn't that hot.

Beer was extremely fizzy too, not good if like me you like a real pint. Wouldn't go there again.

After the match went to The Corner Pin near the station. CAMRA Pub of the year and excellent beer and hospitality.

Having now tried this place, quick review for the future, if we ever meet again.

Food was great value, generous portion of pie mushy peas and chips with plenty of meat but it was served literally hours after it was ordered and the pie wasn't that hot.

Beer was extremely fizzy too, not good if like me you like a real pint. Wouldn't go there again.

After the match went to The Corner Pin near the station. CAMRA Pub of the year and excellent beer and hospitality.

Our food was really quick, and we ordered quite late on too!

Our food was really quick, and we ordered quite late on too!

MAybe they fixed the microwave?

We got in this place quite early, had one very quick and pretty grim pint and left because the consensus was that it stank of stale ****.