Random stalling on my heap

saint_stevo

Ok....the Golf again.

It has started randomly stalling as i am driving along, most recently as i approached a roundabout (steering went heavy, nearly ploughed into the actual roundabout ffs) It also stalled as i went down the M-Way on Friday.....

Any idea what this points to? Other than it is an utter heap of crap

I was going to change the Plugs and HT leads on it anyway, in the hope it cured my foot-on-accelerator-doesn't go anywhere for 3 seconds problem anyway. Worth a try?

Im not mechanic so please excuse my **** terminology. This happened on my Passat. It was a tube carrying air to... something... *blush*. Basically the tube was/is similar width to, sort of, coax cable, i guess, anyway it runs along in line with the dash close the stuff for the wipers. The muppet at VW who serviced it has put it back together incorrectly and it occasionally, well, that was the issue...

....ask me something about IT, im much better, honest... anyway, might be that mate.

Im not mechanic so please excuse my **** terminology. This happened on my Passat. It was a tube carrying air to... something... *blush*. Basically the tube was/is similar width to, sort of, coax cable, i guess, anyway it runs along in line with the dash close the stuff for the wipers. The muppet at VW who serviced it has put it back together incorrectly and it occasionally, well, that was the issue...

....ask me something about IT, im much better, honest... anyway, might be that mate.

Sounds like a vac hose. Check all the hoses go somewhere and don't have splits in them.

Vac hose! that was it!

Was just getting down to the end of the thread to type vacuum hose, when I saw these explanations. Almost certainly this. Funny, I cut one on Friday to insert a T-piece for my Scottoiler.

Just like buses.