Soft modding my wii

Jeff Le Taxi

Found a soft mod for my wii (4.2e) called neogamma r8 b7, only problem is how do i install it to my wii? dont have a sd card handy so can i burn the soft mod software to a disk and install it that way? or go online wirelessly with the wii and download it directly to the wii itself?

any help greatly appreciated as it would stop me from murdering my children during the easter hols!

I would advise against doing this as it will void your warranty, and if Nintendo release an update that detects the mod you could have your Wii deactivated. Also, if you keep your Wii offline so you cant be caught, future releases may not work due to needing the latest firmware to run.

Anyway, installing your own software / firmware on a Wii requires that you have an SD card handy, and a lot of patience, as making it work it a pain in the arse.

have recently done this to my wii. Its not difficult at all, just get a cheap SD card and away you go. As for the updating issue just keep the wii offline as mentioned before. Wouldn't worry too much about future releases as software is coming out all the time to work around it.

God knows what the two first replies are moaning about. Find a decent guide, preferably one on YouTube so you can follow it at the same time as doing yours, and its a complete doddle. Nintendo cannot detect the updated firmware, if they DO release a new firmware that can detect it, simple wait a week or so until the hacked version has been updated.

In short, go for it, its a piece of ****.