Formula 1. Dull and boring.

landford.saint

It's more of a strategic race than it is a on track race. It's not as exciting as it used to be in previous decades but it is certainly more exciting now than it was when Ferrari and the FIA were in bed together and Schumacher had a car a second a lap quicker than anyone else, needing just a stroll to win a race.

Problem is now politics just dominates far too much

So none of you watched Australia or qualifying this morning then? Fair enough, there's nothing like well-informed opinion.

no..but have been watching it for the last 25 yeas though...as long as I can remember...and for the first time ever, it bored the snot out of me

Dozens of laps of boredom. Tried to get into it many times, never worked.

I'm seriously considering writing to the F1 chiefs to get them to install rear-end machine guns onto the cars for next season, and introduce a rear-gunner. Instead of teams having 2 drivers in 2 cars, they have 1 car with 1 driver and 1 gunner. Now THAT would be interesting.

Basically, I want a real-life version of 'Death Race' starring Jason Statham.

So none of you watched Australia or qualifying this morning then? Fair enough, there's nothing like well-informed opinion.

Come on mate, that's not fair. Some of the comments on here are from people, like me who used to love watching F1, but nowadays find it as dull as dishwater. You're involved with the sport, so you can hardly be a neutral judge. One race in Australia can hardly make up for years of grinding boredom. I'd be prepared to believe that a lot of fans of F1 today don't actually know about the era when it was properly exciting.

You know, as well as I do, what F1 needs, so I won't spell it out. ;)

Never mind, Peeps. MotoGP starts up again on the 11th of April. :)

Modern tracks that limit overtaking, in 3rd world countries that have no heritage, ( just because Bernie is chasing more $US ), and persisting with STUPID rules such as having to use two different tyre compounds regardless of conditions, thereby compromising the setup and performance of the cars.

And why on earth is the Malaysian GP scheduled to start at a time of day when everybody on the planet knows it is going to rain like a biblical flood ?

no..but have been watching it for the last 25 yeas though...as long as I can remember...and for the first time ever, it bored the snot out of me

How can you possibly say the current crop of races are MORE boring than the procession that was Michael Schumacher and Ferrari 5-10 years ago.

Watching it for 25 years? flicking it on for a few laps every month more like...

In my teens and twenties I loved F1. Hunt, Lauda, Hill Fittipaldi, etc. In those days it was exciting. But these days (and for many years) it has become so dull and boring.

I know some of you out there love F1. But are there others like me that feel the way I do?

I used to love Formula 1 (and Formula 5000) in the 60s and 70s but lost interest as it became sterile. I suppose we all have goldern ages when we first got into the sport, but I can't be arsed with the pit stops etc.

Take it back to the good old days. You race on one set of tyres and one tank of fuel. Make the cars slimmer or the tracks wider. If it is going to be a race let people be able to overtake. Simples.