Notts v Hants

Hatch

Nottinghamshire: Jefferson, Shafayat, Wagh, Patel, Prince, Swann, Read, Ealham, Adams, Pattinson, Shreck

Hampshire: Brown, Carberry, Lumb, Benham, Ervine, Pothas, Dawson, Mascarenhas, Tremlett, Tomlinson, Tahir

Hants batting first 29-0

Somerset are 20-2 v Lancs.

178/8 to 400/9 declared :lol:

Latest Table:

1. Nottinghamshire 182

2. Somerset 174

3. Durham 173 (3 batting points still available)

4. Hampshire 164

5. Lancashire 156

6. Sussex 154 (5 batting points still available)

7. Kent 153 (2 bowling points still available)

8. Yorkshire 152 (3 bowling points still available)

9. Surrey 124

I reckon it's Notts' title. The more interesting battle is now down at the foot of the table.

Latest Table:

1. Nottinghamshire 182

2. Somerset 174

4. Hampshire 164

5. Lancashire 156

9. Surrey 124

I reckon it's Notts' title. The more interesting battle is now down at the foot of the table.

Surely Durham look to be in a better position? With Hants on 101/1, it will be a struggle for Notts to get anything out of this now.

Surely Durham look to be in a better position? With Hants on 101/1, it will be a struggle for Notts to get anything out of this now.

Would be nice if we could beat Notts and finish second with £40k on offer for the runners up. That all depends on Durham and Somerset not winning (and us winning of course).

Latest Table:

1. Nottinghamshire 182

2. Somerset 174

4. Hampshire 164

5. Lancashire 156

9. Surrey 124

Excluding one of Hampshire's famous batting collapses, Notts will do well to win this one and a draw isn't likely. Durham look to be in the best position to me, despite losing two wickets at the close. Notts will have to face Tahir in the fourth innings and with a couple of exceptions, they looked clueless against him the first time around. They've also done a good line in choking at vital momemts this year.

Also, a nice big LOL at Sussex... they had Yorkshire pretty much dead and buried at 80/6 and then 178/8. Yorkshire are currently 328/9, having put on a ridiculous 140 for the 9th wicket!

Sussex 25-3 at the close

Shame stumps were called otherwise they could well have lost a couple more wickets. Chin up Chris Adams. :lol:

Hope we beat Notts and Durham beat Kent. Adams is a tosser at Sussex but I'll never forget how Kent just gave up Vs Notts and handed Notts the title 3 or 4 years ago. Warne has certainly never forgotten it and a fired up Hants thumped Notts by an innings and plenty in the final game at the Rose Bowl. Kent and Sussex are battling it out to stay up IMO. Durham would be worthy champs.

Hope we beat Notts and Durham beat Kent. Adams is a tosser at Sussex but I'll never forget how Kent just gave up Vs Notts and handed Notts the title 3 or 4 years ago. Warne has certainly never forgotten it and a fired up Hants thumped Notts by an innings and plenty in the final game at the Rose Bowl. Kent and Sussex are battling it out to stay up IMO. Durham would be worthy champs.

It wasn't just giving up, Kent made a ridiculously generous declaration if I remember correctly.

Kent losing to Durham, and Hants drawing/beating Notts will deny Notts the title. And as a bonus, Kent get relegated.

Talk about poetic justice! :lol:

333/5, 325 ahead. Looks like Dimi is setting this game up for a final day slog for Notts. Seems Durham are going to win which means Notts need to win, Notts will certainly go for it so a big target with about 50/60 overs remaining can play into our hands.

Don't declare Dimi! Provided Durham win, why give Notts an even microscopic chance of a win? :D

There's the declaration 449/5 dec. 442 to win for Notts, surely they have to go for it and that plays right into our hands going for the win.

Just think, if we had batted like that in the first innings, we would still be in contention for the title after taking full batting points.

In fact, if we had batted like that all season, we'd have won the league easy!

Next season looks very promising now!!