Big question for JP

1965onwards

After relegation, Redknapp lost interest. He could have done better and his going was a relief, but it was lack of effort, not lack of ability. Burley just did not seem to be up to the job, in virtually ant aspect you care to think about.

please, dont...just the mention of burley and SFC in the same thought makes my blood boil...possibly one of the most underachieving, let down of a manager we have had...possibly EVER.

I know. Getting us to the playoffs with pretty much the same squad as was nearly relegated a year later was pretty poor really.

I think the problem with a lot of these threads is that people seem unable or unwilling to differentiate between a persons ability and their personal like or dislike of an individual.

Maybe part of the lesson was to see what happens when a board gives unequivocal support to a manager. I always maintain that who is in the boardroom makes little difference but some of the signing we have had over the last couple of seasons hace clearly been expensive mistakes - particularly the loans (although I'll admit I thought they looked good on paper at the time).

Enough though. We're (nearly) all feeling quite positive about the new season so let's move on in harmony! COYR