Blood Bowl on PC

Suhari

Is a good laugh.

I used to be a geeky spotty kid into D&D, wargames etc. Loved the original Blood Bowl board game. Basically American Football, played by fantasy races, with loads of fighting.

I am now a geeky, spotty 30-something, and love computer games. Took a stroll down memory lane by getting hold of Blood Bowl.

'Turn based' mode replicates the board game, with decent graphics and amusing commentary. Simple, violent, sport based fun.

And yes, I have called my team the Saints......

I've got it on 360, bought it on release date which was some time in October or November I think (was out on PC first), was expecting a 3D Madden-style live action realtime game with Steamrollers, pits and spiked pads as well as the computer-aided version of the classic 1980s board game, but it's JUST the boring turn-based board game.

Absolutely loved all that nonsense in 1988 but kinda grew out of it when I discovered girls to be honest, and sticking it on a computer screen doesn't make it any more interesting now.

Even so a realtime battle game with the original characters would have been a laugh.

Disappointed, so much potential totally ignored.

I've got it on 360, bought it on release date which was some time in October or November I think (was out on PC first), was expecting a 3D Madden-style live action realtime game with Steamrollers, pits and spiked pads as well as the computer-aided version of the classic 1980s board game, but it's JUST the boring turn-based board game.

Absolutely loved all that nonsense in 1988 but kinda grew out of it when I discovered girls to be honest, and sticking it on a computer screen doesn't make it any more interesting now.

Even so a realtime battle game with the original characters would have been a laugh.

Disappointed, so much potential totally ignored.

seems a lot of the gw stuff is like that although my mate is well into one of the warhammer ones on his pc - like WoW apparently?

Is a good laugh.

I used to be a geeky spotty kid into D&D, wargames etc. Loved the original Blood Bowl board game. Basically American Football, played by fantasy races, with loads of fighting.

I am now a geeky, spotty 30-something, and love computer games. Took a stroll down memory lane by getting hold of Blood Bowl.

'Turn based' mode replicates the board game, with decent graphics and amusing commentary. Simple, violent, sport based fun.

And yes, I have called my team the Saints......

Having played 10 or 12 matches now, I have now got bored with it.

Good fun, but a bit repetative really.

Glad I didn't pay for it......

Right - on to Silent Hunter 5.