Home Information Packs

SO16_Saint

Is that a good thing?

My place will be going on the market this weekend, presumably that'll mean I won't have to pay to get an HIP created, does that then put the onus back on the buyer to get everything that was contained within the HIP checked out?

Is that a good thing?

My place will be going on the market this weekend, presumably that'll mean I won't have to pay to get an HIP created, does that then put the onus back on the buyer to get everything that was contained within the HIP checked out?

TBH Steve most solicitors have been duplicating the searches within the HIP up until now anyway - so the buyer would have paid for those on top of what you paid for the HIP.

Most searches are only valid on the day produced.

When HIP's were introduced, the Government dropped the one thing that was worthwhile in them - the Home Condition Report. The EPC was a Europe-led document which they had no choice in.

That was basically the best thing about them - a proper valuation, warts and all of the property you were thinking of buying. Unfortunately, RICS objected, as did the Estate Agencies.

Solicitors hated them - why?

Because everyone found out that work that they said would take two weeks could be done in days or even less.

I'd check with your chosen agent to be honest - there will be a cut-off date when you no longer need one.

(P.S - I'm not a disgruntled customer of solicitors etc, have worked in Financial Services for 15 years and seen it all be implemented!!)

The initial thoughts behind implementing them was sound, in an attempt to speed up the home buying process..

Unfortunately when the other professionals in the process see 'time as money' in a different way to everyone else, it was doomed to fail.

The things I have heard about how some solicitors operate, frankly I'm not surprised.

They are a complete waste of everyone's time and money. In my experience they were completely disregarded by everyone involved in the property buying/selling process.

Thank God I didn't waste thousands on training to be one of the inspectors.

One of my better decisions

They are a complete waste of everyone's time and money. In my experience they were completely disregarded by everyone involved in the property buying/selling process.

Thank God I didn't waste thousands on training to be one of the inspectors.

One of my better decisions

My experience exactly, and when an estate agent offers a free one you are tied to them regardless how shoddy their service is.

Just bloody done one!

+1

:-(

as did I...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Justin, Dr, TDD - you may be able to stop the process and delay marketing until Monday...

A license for estate agents to print money for a bit of photocopying.

It wasn't the Estate Agencies that brought this in, just the people who have had to follow the rules.

and no, im not an estate agent!

Everyone got territorial especially the RICS and in true British style a fudge was born with the Home Condition Report dropped, the bit that everyone wanted. The only people to make money out of this was the training companies. If the government brought the RICS on board and developed a Home Buyers lite report for the HIP it may have worked.

The trouble with the house selling process is that Estate Agents get too much of the fees for the least amount of work, this has always ****ed the solicitors off hence why they put the least amount of resources to the work resulting in the delays. Pay Estate Agents and lot less and Solicitors a bit more and things would speed up.