Looks like we are getting an olympic ice rink

Smirking_Saint

I've never really understood this urge for Southampton to have an Ice Rink. They don't seem to yearn for one in Portsmouth. There's one in Gosport, but I don't know how busy it gets.

The one in Basingstoke gets very busy. I think it would get a lot of use at first, people who used to go back in the 80's taking their children etc. Sadly after the initial wow factor of having an ice rink I would predict it would get little usage unless Dancing on Ice or the Winter Olympics is on, bit like public tennis courts during Wimbledon.

I've never really understood this urge for Southampton to have an Ice Rink. They don't seem to yearn for one in Portsmouth. There's one in Gosport, but I don't know how busy it gets.

I think it comes from the fact we had one taken away and most have fond memories of Top Rank and the Ice Skating.

Actually without getting to heavy over an ice rink, there is sweet fook all for youngsters to do in Southampton and an Ice rink won't change the world, but would definately be welcome

It gets packed,trust me.

Loads of private tuition,clubs and public skating till late.

When i was a nipper we used to use the ice rink carpark and wander down to the Dell,the good old days.

I think it comes from the fact we had one taken away and most have fond memories of Top Rank and the Ice Skating.

Actually without getting to heavy over an ice rink, there is sweet fook all for youngsters to do in Southampton and an Ice rink won't change the world, but would definately be welcome

Despite being one of the world's great cities, Southampton could use a few more decent attractions.

A PL football club would be nice. Though I guess we may have that before the rink.