Question about the corners ?

sfcuk fan

As we know, the stadium corners are to be closed for the forseeable future. The reason given is to cut costs, but how will this be enforceable ?

Surely if the stadium is busy then what is to stop people moving into the corners to get a bit of leg room and a better view ?

If it takes a line of stewards either side to prevent seat migration then how exactly will this measure cut costs ?

Apparently fans aren't allowed on the pitch while the game is on. I don't get how this can be enforceable?

What's to stop people climbing over the tiny little wall, getting on the pitch and joining in.

I don't get it.

From CitySaint in anothe thread:

Just off the phone to the ticket office booking my birmingham tickets (i got my cardiff tickets last week) apparently there are about 600 tickets all told left for Cardiff and 21,000 sold for the birmingham home game the week after. That makes about 1,500 Saints fans in Wales on Saturday !!

If the 21k already sold for Birmingham is true then a good result at Cardiff would surely see the corners being opened already!!

If the 21k already sold for Birmingham is true then a good result at Cardiff would surely see the corners being opened already!!

Add another 2,000 and the bus vouchers will be added back to the tickets. (Damm couldn't find icon of pigs flying).

I assume the 21k for Birmingham includes the away fans or else we must be getting near the point when a corner will need to be open

I assume the 21k for Birmingham includes the away fans or else we must be getting near the point when a corner will need to be open

I don't think it's going to be done on a match by match basis. If I understand it correctly (and I very rarely do) if they get a number of consecutive matches with high gates (read nearing capacity) then they will look at the corner situation again!!

So I guess we need to get gates of 25K+ for more than 5 consecutive games this season for them to be reopened!! And then for the gates to be consistently high!!

From Steve Grant's earlier average gates post the average in the CCC seems to be about 22K. So unless there is a huge change in on-pitch performances it just ain't gonna happen!!

I don't think it's going to be done on a match by match basis. If I understand it correctly (and I very rarely do) if they get a number of consecutive matches with high gates (read nearing capacity) then they will look at the corner situation again!!

So I guess we need to get gates of 25K+ for more than 5 consecutive games this season for them to be reopened!! And then for the gates to be consistently high!!

From Steve Grant's earlier average gates post the average in the CCC seems to be about 22K. So unless there is a huge change in on-pitch performances it just ain't gonna happen!!

Problem with that is we could turn paying customers away, because different oposition will lead to fluctuations in Home fans going to the game.

I assume that if we get to within 1000 of capacity with pre bought tickets then procedures will be put in place to open a corner for walk ups

Problem with that is we could turn paying customers away, because different oposition will lead to fluctuations in Home fans going to the game.

I assume that if we get to within 1000 of capacity with pre bought tickets then procedures will be put in place to open a corner for walk ups

Told you I was wrong from http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10215

"Around 700 supporters have renewed in those corner sections, and they will be able to swap their seats for any other available seats in the stadium. If we have a fixture that looks to exceed the revised capacity of the ground, say a big Cup game, then we will re-open the quadrants for that fixture.

"If that happens then displaced season ticket holders will have first choice of going back to their original seat for that game."