Cure for aching muscles

Thedelldays

been playing loads of football/sport for the last week or so and my muscles ache like fuk today...I need to get on the road tomorrow to get back on track for my preparation for my marathon next week...I have not run for 2 weeks

thing is, I am aching all over..is there a cure/tips to get past this...quickly,?

I found muscle soak and a warm bath was quite helpful when training for a marathon. You mentioned getting back on the road ahead of a marathon next week: from my own experience (and I don't claim to have anything else to support this) I'd say ease right off now and let yourself recover as best you can. I put in 5 miles 8 days before doing the 26 and did as close as I could to nothing in between. It was my first though - no idea if it's yours too, or what your general fitness level is. It's all very individual...

Oh and good luck, in the event you need any...

Edited by Quickfire Double

been playing loads of football/sport for the last week or so and my muscles ache like fuk today......I have not run for 2 weeks

That is quite impressive being able to play lots of football and other sports without running ;)

Seriously I'd agree with pretty much all the above though playing other sports so close to running a marathon would not be my ideal preparation. Perrsonally I think you should put in at least one 16+ mile training run though no need to run the full 26 miles until the day. However, I do agree with Quickfire Double that at this point you need to be taking it easy though if possible I'd still put in a few gentle runs until 2-3 days before, no need to go at any great pace but just stretch your muscles.

Depending on your training/level of fitness then it is clearly sensible to run at a comfortable pace, if there are a lot taking part I'd start at the back to avoid those who go off at a crazy pace. There are always some !

Good luck !