Baby suffers 40% sunburns on Brighton beach

SNSUN

Idiocy caused by a lack of common sense, caused by a lack of educational stimulation, or something. How can any parent be that stupid though!?

Hope the poor thing recovers.

Edited by Colinjb

These DFL's always come down to our beach and coz havoc, and now theyre torturing theyre own offspring. You need a license to drive a car, own a gun etc but they let you have kids without anything. The great unwashed shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

These DFL's always come down to our beach and coz havoc

+1

Its a disgrace how much of a mess they leave it in too. Walk along the seafron at about 1900 on a Saturday evening and its appalling the amount of rubbish that fecking ****neys have left there before returning to their cars to joine the traffic jam up the a23.:mad:

hopefully, the baby will be taken from her

Could be a little extreme - I don't think that we should jump to conclusions just yet. Whilst it may be the case that she has shown a level of negligence, it is yet to be established as to whether that was willful.

It would appear (to me anyway) that if you intended to do serious harm to a child, the last place you would do it would be in front of thousands of people on a pleasure beach. Perhaps this woman just needs more help as opposed to punishment.

Could be a little extreme - I don't think that we should jump to conclusions just yet. Whilst it may be the case that she has shown a level of negligence, it is yet to be established as to whether that was willful.

It would appear (to me anyway) that if you intended to do serious harm to a child, the last place you would do it would be in front of thousands of people on a pleasure beach. Perhaps this woman just needs more help as opposed to punishment.

It makes no difference if it is negligent. Neglect is itself a crime, and not a defence. The standard of parenting in this country is pathetic in far too many idiot people, and this woman - I genuinely can't think of any reason how this is simply unfortunate or anything other than ridiculous.

Allowing a child to come to this much harm, negligenctly, is terrible. Not feeding your kids gets them taken away in time, and rightly so. Social services etc actually try very hard NOT to take kids away, and sometimes that ends in disaster [read Baby P (who was on the child protection register for 9 months before death), Victoria Climbie (same sort of story) Demi Mahon, David Stocker.. and more]. People moan about social services but they have a hard job to do, and guidance always says it's best to keep them with their family as far as possible - but there is a line.

Of course, I'm all for supporting failing or ignorant parents, but a part of me really starts to think there should be parenting licenses or something. This woman should not have been allowed the priviledge and responsibility of a child if she was too naive, too ignorant, too selfish, whatever - to care for it properly. Simple as that. If this case is indicative, she should have her child put in temporary care until such a time as she is proven to be an adequate parent.

These DFL's always come down to our beach and coz havoc, and now theyre torturing theyre own offspring. You need a license to drive a car, own a gun etc but they let you have kids without anything. The great unwashed shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Children are however a 'cash crop' for many of the great unwashed.Houses are provided and benefits substantially increased.

Against this what purpose is there in restraint,or actually working for a living?

Willful neglect should not come in to it.It was neglect of her child,end of matter.

Needs help? She has probably had untold help available to her that our parents and grandparents generation could not have wished for.

It makes no difference if it is negligent. Neglect is itself a crime, and not a defence. The standard of parenting in this country is pathetic in far too many idiot people, and this woman - I genuinely can't think of any reason how this is simply unfortunate or anything other than ridiculous.

Allowing a child to come to this much harm, negligenctly, is terrible. Not feeding your kids gets them taken away in time, and rightly so. Social services etc actually try very hard NOT to take kids away, and sometimes that ends in disaster [read Baby P (who was on the child protection register for 9 months before death), Victoria Climbie (same sort of story) Demi Mahon, David Stocker.. and more]. People moan about social services but they have a hard job to do, and guidance always says it's best to keep them with their family as far as possible - but there is a line.

Of course, I'm all for supporting failing or ignorant parents, but a part of me really starts to think there should be parenting licenses or something. This woman should not have been allowed the priviledge and responsibility of a child if she was too naive, too ignorant, too selfish, whatever - to care for it properly. Simple as that. If this case is indicative, she should have her child put in temporary care until such a time as she is proven to be an adequate parent.

Let me just clarify one thing - I cannot abide any form of ill treatment towards children. What this woman has done is awful, and she deserves punishment for it.

But, currently, I have no facts about what actually happened, and therefore would rather reserve judgement, before handing out extreme measures. (Removing the child).

I cry at the thought of baby P and others who have suffered through neglect of thier parents or guardians, and who are then betrayed by a system that doesn't have the balls to take positive action when need be. I totally abhore any form of child cruelty.

All of that said, in this particular case, I find it hard to believe that the woman actually meant to harm the child. Yes she was stupid, irresponsible and negligent and deserves what comes to her - but until all of the facts have been substanciated I need to reserve judgement.

Willful neglect should not come in to it.It was neglect of her child,end of matter.

Needs help? She has probably had untold help available to her that our parents and grandparents generation could not have wished for.

There are many levels of neglect. My son broke his wrist when he was about 2 years old because my older son, whilst playing with him tried to lift him onto a settee. I was neglectful in that I should have supervised them both - effectively it was my fault that he was injured.

Should my son have been removed from the family home? I am not defending what this woman has done - I am merely pointing out that she may have been too dumb to realise the ramifications of her actions.

I agree. A two week Carribean Cruise should do the trick (paid for by the taxpayer of course) where she can learn how to use a bottle of Ambre Solaire.

If that's is what it takes to stop a child being hurt in this way again then sobeit. I would prefer something that is a little less of a burden on the taxpayer but equally as effective.

All of that said, in this particular case, I find it hard to believe that the woman actually meant to harm the child. Yes she was stupid, irresponsible and negligent and deserves what comes to her - but until all of the facts have been substanciated I need to reserve judgement.

I'm in agreement that things need substantiating first, but I can't imagine why anyone fit to look after a child would leave a baby - not a toddler, a baby - in the hot sun long enough for injuries of this kind to occur. I'm more commonly reputed to be a liberl lefty poofter woofter, but I genuinely can't see how this could happen without the woman being ignorant or impaired to the point where she is unfit to be the guardian pf the child at this point.

I'm in agreement that things need substantiating first, but I can't imagine why anyone fit to look after a child would leave a baby - not a toddler, a baby - in the hot sun long enough for injuries of this kind to occur. I'm more commonly reputed to be a liberl lefty poofter woofter, but I genuinely can't see how this could happen without the woman being ignorant or impaired to the point where she is unfit to be the guardian pf the child at this point.

Robsk I think that we are probably in agreement over this - it was an awful thing to have happened. But I'm not about to pull the trigger before I am aware of the full facts.

Let's summise. She fell asleep on the beach, she took drugs which comotosed her, she got drunk and flaked out, she just didn't bother to check the child, she didn't hear the child crying and assumed it was ok - all of these things are unforgivable and toutamount to child cruelty and neglect. But we don't know the facts. She may have had a medical condition, there may have been other reasons.

I would agree that, on first sight, she appears unfit to be a mother - and if that is the case then I am ready to come back here and not only pull the trigger, but let her have both bloody barrels.

There are many levels of neglect. My son broke his wrist when he was about 2 years old because my older son, whilst playing with him tried to lift him onto a settee. I was neglectful in that I should have supervised them both - effectively it was my fault that he was injured.

Should my son have been removed from the family home? I am not defending what this woman has done - I am merely pointing out that she may have been too dumb to realise the ramifications of her actions.

You raised the matter of "willful neglect",I doubt that it was.

In terms of neglect,I don't think your own circumstances are comparable.This woman took her child out into an area and conditions that were a danger to it without contemplating the seriousness of the dangers it was exposed to, or taking reasonably sensible measures to protect the child.

Your own issue was at home where you might have reasonably expected there to be no immediate danger of harm or injury occuring whilst you were (presumably) temporarily away from the room.

You raised the matter of "willful neglect",I doubt that it was.

In terms of neglect,I don't think your own circumstances are comparable.This woman took her child out into an area and conditions that were a danger to it without contemplating the seriousness of the dangers it was exposed to, or taking reasonably sensible measures to protect the child.

Your own issue was at home where you might have reasonably expected there to be no immediate danger of harm or injury occuring whilst you were (presumably) temporarily away from the room.

But that's the point I am trying to make Badger - I don't know that.

Let's summise again. She may have gone onto the beach, made sure that the baby had fluids, put a sunshade over the baby, used sun lotion to protect it, covered it's head and watched him fall asleep.

She may have then inadvertently fallen asleep herself and in the meantime, the sunshade has blown away, the lotion has dried up and the baby is now suffering.

On the other hand we could summise that she went to the beach, laid out a towel, plonked the baby down beside her and settled down for a good 4 hour suntan session, with not a thought for the childs welfare.

Yes either way she was stupid to the point of negligence, but whether she meant to harm the child - I am not in a position to say.

I think I read a report (may be in todays Mirror, I don't have it to hand ATM) that she had been drinking all day, and was abusive to members of the public and life gaurds who had tried to warn her that her baby was frying. In the end the police were called.

Getting p!ssed and childcare are mutually exclusive. If this is true (like I said I can't be sure where I read it now) then I agree with Hatch:

she needs a dam good kicking in the c.unt.

That way, she feels extreme pain, and also as a bonus, she can't have any more kids.

I hope kiddo makes a full recovery. :(

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I think I read a report (may be in today's Mirror, I don't have it to hand ATM) that she had been drinking all day, and was abusive to members of the public and life guards who had tried to warn her that her baby was frying. In the end the police were called.

Getting p!ssed and childcare are mutually exclusive. If this is true (like I said I can't be sure where I read it now) then I agree with Hatch:

I hope kiddo makes a full recovery. :(

Apparently she was East European and didn't understand what was being said to her. Still no excuse whatsoever.