Comedy names

iansums

Just read this article:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/8187376.Golf__Vineer_shines_for_US_college/

Is that name for real? What were his parents thinking?

It did get me thinking about other amusing names I'd come across such as:

A lady who worked in the accounts department at a previous company with the surname Fidler.

A guy who worked for the company Chubb with the surname Lock.

Has anyone else got any good ones?

Unbelievably, the PC World store assistant I bought my last computer from was Michael Hunt.

Of course, the ultimate comedy name.

I remember being in a pub with a coach full of England fans on the way back from England v Scotland in Euro 96 when someone did that one. The poor young barmaid was walking round shouting "Has anyone seen Mike Hunt", brilliant :)

Just read this article:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/8187376.Golf__Vineer_shines_for_US_college/

Is that name for real? What were his parents thinking?

It did get me thinking about other amusing names I'd come across such as:

A lady who worked in the accounts department at a previous company with the surname Fidler.

A guy who worked for the company Chubb with the surname Lock.

Has anyone else got any good ones?

Is his name not Matt? Nothing odd about that

The proprietor of the old post office on Bitterne Park Triangle was Mr W Kerr. I always wondered if his first name was Wayne.

I’ve had dealings at work with Richard Head & John Thomas.

My sister went to school with a kid named Richard Head, seems he got ribbed mercilessly and continuously, wtf were his parents thinking:confused:

There is an antique dealer in Plymouth called Robin Bastard, dont know if this is his real name or not, in Asia I the Chinese get to pick thier English names when the start learning the language, and have come across some real strange choices, my former secretary in Hong Kong was called Creamy, I have worked with a guy called Punchy, but I think the funniest one I came across was a guy I worked with in Taipei who was called Flabby Wang

On one ship I sailed on, there was an Indoneasian seaman called Supaman and another one called James Bond. James Bond (the sailor) got arrested and the police refused to believe it was actually his name. The Captain had to go down the local nick with the guy's passport to prove it.

And of course the popular footballer Kenny Lunt. A name that always amuses me.

There was a guy in the Army when my Dad was in there in the 80s....Major Flood.

There's a motor racing driver called Jack Goff (does the Clio Cup UK),

and my fave of the lot, is the East Midlands Today BBC weathergirl, Sara Blizzard.

Oh, and TCWTB might count too, but he's just a joke in general.

H i s c o c k is a common name up north.

Seen gravestones marked "Here lies H I S C O C K"

Do a google image search and there are a selection of the gravestones. Unfortunately the word censor doesn't allow one to give the links

Edited by ART

I went to school with a lad called A l a n C o c k h e a d.

A top bloke, great footballer and talented musician and very popular despite the crap he had to take about his name. A lesser man would have been bullied mercilessly.

Anyway, I remember after the Christmas break one year he came into school and, apparently inspired by the adverts for a famous port, informed everyone that we'd been pronouncing his name wrongly and it was in fact pronounced "Co-head". Like C o c k b u r n ' s port, the ck was silent. Everyone ignored that

And then on the first day back in the fourth year when the register was read out he answered "Here sir" to the question "Alan Brown?". Brown was his mother's maiden name and the family had apparently changed their names by deed poll.

I've never heard of another one since.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

When I worked at Worthy Down we had a Major Major and a Sergeant Sergeant.

H i s c o c k is a common name up north.

Seen gravestones marked "Here lies H I S C O C K"

Do a google image search and there are a selection of the gravestones. Unfortunately the word censor doesn't allow one to give the links

I had a teacher called Phil Hisco*k :D

I was introduced to a production assistant on a popular soap opera in Australia whose surname was Buggy, and whose parents named him after their favourite film star, Orson Welles.

Yes, he gloried in the name Orson Buggy.

My son has a friend called M A R K C O C K R A M.

It's not that his name is particularly funny, but read it backwards...

I was once passing the time at work looking through the global email address list and discovered an american colleague called Randy *****... no word of a lie!

Sorry, that should say Randy M1nge...

Annoying bloody swear filter!