Ashes Australia 2010/11

Didn't know whether to put this in general sports or on here but anyway!

As I'm on my gap year travels from october, I shall be getting into Australia for the ashes in december, getting to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide plus a few of the 1 days and a 20/20 if we can!

Just wondering what other saints fans are gonna head out there or if any of the australian saints are planning to catch a few games?

Shall be bringing the Southampton England flag to hang in the MCG!

If anyone fancys meeting up for some football chat, i will be missing our season badly anyway so will be happy to meet for a pint of the local brew :)

:o

Didn't know whether to put this in general sports or on here but anyway!

As I'm on my gap year travels from october, I shall be getting into Australia for the ashes in december, getting to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide plus a few of the 1 days and a 20/20 if we can!

Just wondering what other saints fans are gonna head out there or if any of the australian saints are planning to catch a few games?

Shall be bringing the Southampton England flag to hang in the MCG!

If anyone fancys meeting up for some football chat, i will be missing our season badly anyway so will be happy to meet for a pint of the local brew :)

:o

Send us a message through here when you get to Melbourne! Clearly not enough Southampton fans down here. I annoy all of my mates who have no interest in Southampton or even English Football.

• 2 weeks later...
Send us a message through here when you get to Melbourne! Clearly not enough Southampton fans down here. I annoy all of my mates who have no interest in Southampton or even English Football.

Ok mate, i will do! Were in Melbourne for Xmas, i hope it's warmish haha!

Just a heads-up for Saints supporters wanting to get tickets.

If you're a member of the Australian Cricket Family they'll go on sale shortly.

The dates are:-

Matches at the GABBA - 14th-19th July

Matches at the Adelaide Oval - 14th-19th July

Matches at the SCG - 15th-19th July

Matches at Bellerive Oval - 15th-19th July

Matches at the MCG - 16th-19th July

Matches at the WACA - 16th-19th July

I'll definitely be going to the MCG Test and perhaps might take in some one-dayers or Test matches in another city. Might head up to Brisbane and catch up with you again Paul!

I will be at the brisbane test match on day one and day 2, got my tickets!!!!!

I will be in and Aussie shirt but my mate that i am going with assures me he will wear his saints shirt. IF anyone wants to meet up for a drink before the hand or after the days play let me know, always up for a drink. I remember last ashes series that all the pubs around the gabba were only serving mid strength beer before 9am. That was a little disappointing.

Also I have 4 extra tickets for day one of the test in brisabane, both me and my mate bought tickets at the same time!!! He is a bit dopey!!! Let me know if anyone wants 4 tickets for day one at the gabba.

Thanks!

Hi people,

Me and and a mate are going to day 2 and 3 at the WACA. I have lots of spare tickets for day 3 and some for day 2. £20 each.

We are going to Surfers Paradise and Byron Bay for a 2-3 week holiday in-between the test (Its about an hour away). We are going to be staying in hostels most of the time to save money. If you are a party type and want to meet up, get in touch! I went to oz for 4 months travelling recenlty and its totally amazing! I 100% recommend it if you are thinking it about it!

paul@conoor.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

Get your tickets quick people... Apparently tickets are selling very well

Four days of the 2010-11 Ashes have sold out in Sydney and Perth and the opening day of the first Test in Brisbane is nearly full after two weeks of ticket sales.

Less than 100 general reserve seats remained on Friday afternoon for the series start at the Gabba on November 25, but there is still plenty of space available for Boxing Day in Melbourne.

The first three days in Perth, which hosts the third Test, are full along with the opening day of the final match in Sydney.

Just an update guys, we have days 3 and 4 of the Adelaide test, days 2,3 and 4 of the Melbourne Test and days 2,3 and 4 for Sydney currently. Also plan to get to a couple of the 1 day games! Planning on meeting and drinking for those who fancy it can offically begin! I hope there will be more then 1 SFC flag drapped somewhere in the grounds! Always seem to get out numbered by that lot down the road...

Please can someone start a thread to get a big turn out at Suncorp stadium Staurday 21st August, Brisbane Roar V Sydney. If we all meet at the southern end we can pay our respects to Marcus by wearing our beloved red and white in one area of the Stadium. Please support this!

Good shout - theres quite a few Saints fans in Brissie so if we can get about a dozen that would be decent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gabba test tickets!

I've got 2 spare tickets for days 2 and 3 (fri and sat) of the 1st Test at the Gabba. Anyone interested? As an English born Saints fan (been living in Brisbane for 3 years now), would be great to supply the tickets to english and/or saints fans to join the party. Downside, you'll have to sit next to me! For those that know the gabba - Seat location: section SEC 20, row U.

is a pass out easy to obtain? (im assuming this is someone elses ticket when they leave early) we have tickets for the 2nd and 3rd day (still got 3 spare for day 3!). Wouldnt mind catching some of the 1st day if could get in!

I`m off to the G for the 3rd day of the test

The first two days i just arrive about 3.00 after doing a mini pub crawl and ask for someone`s pass out.

Barmy Army

Barmy Army

Barmy Army

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I work at the mcg so I'll be there as a spectator day 1 and as an employee on days 2-4. Just amazing to think we are going to have a world record test match crowd with the series locked at 1-1. Cricket Australia took a massive risk putting the mcg and scg tests as 4 & 5 but have come up trumps. If there are any saints fans going it will be good to catch up. Unfortunately I won't be wearing my saints shirt!