M27 between Romsey & Nursling Junction...? Saturday Morning...

Morning all. I'm work nights down in Bournemouth at the moment and coming eastbound on the M27 at about 05:30 this morning i saw the few motors ahead of me anchor the brakes and fly off up the Romsey exit. Naturally, I Followed suit. I was heading home towards Eastleigh but had to drop a few other lads off, went to go Rownhams way and as I come up to turn left towards the bridge over the Motorway the Old Bill were blocking both sides of the bridge.

I assumed that due to the OB closing off the bridge too that it may have been a Jumper. Anyone know anymore?

Sad to see if it was so... or any fatality as thats what seemed to have occured. Sorry its a bit of a morbid post but due to it being so early on a saturday morning there was nothing on any of the local radio stations about it.

IMO, anyone who threatens to jump off a bridge, isn't going to. If you wanted to, you would just walk up to it and throw yourself over. This man should have to pay for the operation that closed the motorway, and not the taxpayer.

I await to be slaughtered for this opinion!:smt069

IMO, anyone who threatens to jump off a bridge, isn't going to. If you wanted to, you would just walk up to it and throw yourself over. This man should have to pay for the operation that closed the motorway, and not the taxpayer.

Hardly mate, you're bang on.

Last year there was a bloke in China threatening to jump off some bridge so the police closed the road beneath as expected. A passing retired soldier offered his services to the police so they accepted thinking he would try and talk the jumper down, but instead he pushed him off into the crash mats that had been inflated. The solder said he was fed up because they had been something like half a dozen jumpers already that year.

Couldn't agree more, had a similiar situation on August bank holiday in Bristol last year and the resulting 7 hr road closure of the M5 resulted in 35 mile tail backs and an impact on the area for a much longer period of time and a huge impact on the transport industry.

He was up there for the whole period of time with police trying to talk him down with no intention of jumping and all 4 lanes of the M5 shut., unfortunately slipped climbing back towards railings and fell.

I can't laugh about any tragedy. You must have some hard personalities. Glad I'm not like you.

I don't know, I find the tragedy of the club not having a season ticket installment plan hilarious. Take a look at the main board if you don't believe me. If it weren't for the fact I sit around in my own p*ss and sh*t all day, every day whilst gimping around the internet, I would p*ss myself laughing.

I don't know, I find the tragedy of the club not having a season ticket installment plan hilarious. Take a look at the main board if you don't believe me. If it weren't for the fact I sit around in my own p*ss and sh*t all day, every day whilst gimping around the internet, I would p*ss myself laughing.

eh? :confused:

I know someone who was heart broken, relationship breakdown, depression and hung themselves.

Hilarious you pr ick

Are people on this forum really that thick, relationship breakdwons etc fair enough they have my sympathy, but when someone kills themselves because they can't watch TV or have a dress then i'm sorry but yes it's ridiculosly funny.

I've mentioned in one of the previous suicide threads we've had and i'll mention it again my mate (Barry) hung himself, there used to be a house on the otherside of Northam Bridge (Bitterne end not Town) which was burnt down, that's where my mate lived, he burnt it down and barricaded himself in. The police got through and dragged him out. At the hospital he said that it was the Northam Boys, the police believed him because he had had trouble with them in the past. He got discharged from hospital, went to the parks and hung himself, probably for the same reasons as your mate.

Suicide for depression etc fair enough but not stupid reasons.