Israel threatening to board another ship

doubleonothing

I see from the article that the Israelis are claiming they will transfer the aid to Gaza by land after they have checked it for weapons. If that's the case then I can't fault them, but given their previous form I have serious doubts that the aid will ever make it to Gaza.

Northern or Republic? Surely if it's Northern that's an act of war against the United Kingdom, and we should respond in kind?

Republic of Ireland.

It is actually owned by the "Free Gaza" movements Irish arm but registered in Cambodia (most definatly a Flag of Convienience)

The Irish government said on 1st June that they wanted it let through. The Irish Taoiseach Brian Cowen TD said "If any harm comes to any of our citizens, it will have the most serious consequences". The demand for safe passage was reiterated by Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin TD on 2 June 2010. Mr Martin warned the Israelis he would take "appropriate diplomatic action" if the ship was not allowed through.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/01/irish-aid-boat-gaza-israel-warning

I see from the article that the Israelis are claiming they will transfer the aid to Gaza by land after they have checked it for weapons. If that's the case then I can't fault them, but given their previous form I have serious doubts that the aid will ever make it to Gaza.

My thoughts precisely.

If the Israelis were providing the correct amount of aid then this flotilla would not have been necessary anyway.

Northern or Republic? Surely if it's Northern that's an act of war against the United Kingdom, and we should respond in kind?

boarding a ship is not an act of war....if done legally..even then, would you be happy for the UK (or any country) to declare war on any nation who embarks on a ship for checks..?

you do realise that the RN boards ships almost daily around the world..? is THAT an act of war..?

Edited by Thedelldays