Is this needed

saint_bert

He's never ever going to come out, is he. And rightly so.

I think it was done because the sentencing protocols had changed and a precedent needed to be set.

It only means that his case for parole will be reviewed after 40 years instead of 50, not that he will be automatically released.

I can't imagine any review board would grant him parole so yes, you're right, it doesn't make any difference.

I'd rather he had to endure 40 years worth of whatever treatment is meted out to him than for him to have a quick way out.

I'd rather he was sentenced to death and the £700,000 saved was used for health or education services.

As been said before,this scum will have to serve 40years before hes even allowed to go before a parole board.Then he has to prove hes no longer a threat to anyone.Its all just legal talk to make sure the law is seen to be done.

I will bet a weeks wages he never comes out.

TBF though, he'll be 91 by then, so, assuming he's still alive, he may well be no longer seen as a threat to society and therefore be released and able to die at home; a luxury he should not be allowed.