E3 - 2010

St Marco

Well it is that time of year again. Christmas time for electronics fans!

For those who don't know E3 is when all the mega companies of the world come together in LA to announce what secret stuff they have been working on. Expect a shead load of new games to be announced, new devices shown i.e Natal,Iphone 4g,WiiHD? ;) etc etc

The rumour mill is already in full swing with Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima (Konami) starting another countdown on their website

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2010/

They did that last year and it turned out to be a new Metal Gear game on PS3 and for first time 360. What can it be this time? Cooking Mama Solid?

Microsoft are kicking the show off on monday with not one but two conferences. One for Natal and the traditional one.

Rumours are going around that they could be about to do some 3D announcement, should be interesting.

Can watch the conferences on most electronic websites i.e Gamespot/IGN/G4TV. Might be on some sky channels too i.e the gaming ones.

It begins...

Yesterday Gametrailers had a E3 Preview show where some games were announced and some new trailers shown.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 had a cinematic trailer shown

Pretty awesome

New Gran Turismo 5 trailer

Killzone 3 announced trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StBgTO5TPh0&feature=player_embedded

Pirates of the Caribbian new game announced

Dead Space 2 announced

Naughty Bear E3 guide/trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/101207.html

That is among the most messed up things i have seen...

Jumpgate Evolution trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3rbRJ87Ks&feature=player_embedded

Shogun Total War 2 announced (nice!)

Shank trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez1b11htakc&feature=player_embedded

That look's really interesting, quality art style

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-marvel-vs/101062

Edited by St Marco

My predictions this year are

: 360 Slim and price cut

: A new Grand Theft Auto game announced at MS conference. (I doubt exclusive but MS paid £50m to Rockstar for the GTA4 addons which are now on other formats, so would not be surprised to see some form of exclusivity i.e timed release).

What is annoying is the shows are shown on loads of US channels like MTV, it is even being broadcast in times square! Just a pity our MTV would rather show "The Hills" :(

Anyway the photos are now in and the place looks cool as always!

1797201006122235201big.jpg

17972010061222352411big.jpg

1797201006122235226big.jpg

17972010061222352921big.jpg

crysis2big.jpg

1797201006122235227big.jpg

1797201006130025160big.jpg

1797201006122235202big.jpg

17972010061222352514big.jpg

Cheers guy :)

Well that is rumoured to be the new 360 slim, although by the looks of it the console is not slim so not sure how that works!

Last night was the natal conference. It has an official name now called "Kinect".

Lot's of Wii style games were shown including a sports type game made by Rare, which has football on it. Lucas Arts showed a star wars game where you have a lightsabre. And Disney showed some weird game that didn't really show anything other then Tinkerbell flying....

Rumours abound saying "Kinect" comes in two different variations, with one costing maybe £120. Which i can't see shifting too many at that price.

Guess were find out at 6pm today

Ok here is one some of you should be more interested in. Fifa 11!

It is a feature called Personality Plus. It shows the technical side of how stats will be different and thus make different players stand out in various areas above others. I think it is a really good move. However no doubt will once again make the game mega hard to begin with!

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/fifa-11s-personality-system-explained

E3 2010: The Top 20 Kinected Press Reactions

20. @oliviamunn: Walked in late to Microsoft Natal E3 event with every single person in white rob shirt thing.... No. No, I don't want any koolaid, thank u.

19. @jeffcannata: Yes, Kinect does nintendogs, too. But it is a tiger! Extreme!

18. @mattbertz: Somewhere in Los Angeles, Nintendo is laughing

17. @CheapyD: And the only thing better than playing motion control sports mini-games is watching video of other people playing them

16. @Vahn16: That Star Wars trailer was so obviously pre-rendered. I think this event is actually making me angry with it's underwhelming-ness.

15. @CheapyD: I'm in a marketing acid trip!

14. @jwhdavison: At Microsoft thing. Wearing a white sheet, having stepped through a hole in the wall to be greeted by a family in multiple languages.

13. @Vahn16: If any creepy dancing people touch me, I will fight them.

12. @BenKuchera: Guys, you can take the ponchos off, it's called kinect and it has Wii Sports. We know already.

11. @jeffcannata: You know what wod make this event better, Microsoft? Anything.

10. @DanRyckert: According to tweets I've seen, the Kinect event seems to involve: KKK members, magic smocks, floating couches, and people dancing on flowers

9. @GI_AndyMc: In any other place this many people in white sheets would be hit with tear gas. I hate myself right now.

8. @louiethecat: I don't know WTF to think about this but I am scurred and wanna go home.

7. @Andrew_Reiner: I don't even know what to say...

6. @jeffcannata: Microsoft now has a standing army.

5. @jeffgerstmann: So does Sony rename their thing to Müv or Mooove or something now to complete in the misspelled motion controller wars?

4. @Vahn16: From now on, when I'm embarassed, I'm going to imagine everyone in these ponchos.

3.@andrew pfister: Can't wait to see what E3's closing ceremony is like.

2.@Vahn16: The only way this could have been worse was if James Cameron came out and talked for two hours

1. @GI_AndyMc: Now I know why Robbie Bach quit.

oh dear...

The problem with that though is those people represent the hardcore gaming community. This thing is not really aimed at them. It is aimed at the casual market i.e Wii market. The response from those people is very positive, Eurogamer have a nice piece on it. The hardcore gamer stuff will be shown in 8mins.

I myself am not really too bothered by the natal thing, but i think it has potential if done right.

conference was as rubbish as i thought it would be, and the audience were bought with new free 360s. shocking really

They were given new 360's weren't they? Like all the journalists in the audience needs another one in their homes!

The Metal Gear Rising trailer looked awesome. I hope they make it compatible with Kinect/Move

The conference basically was ok. It shows the direction the companies have gone in. They are following Nintendo's lead and trying to get into the casual market.

In that sense it was pretty good. Kinect has massive potential, i would buy one just for the fact i will no longer need a remote to watch tv. Proper Voice activation is finally here.

Also having ESPN on there for free is quality as means i can cancel my current ESPN deal with Sky. Means i can watch all the televised football for £72 less a year, which is a big saving for sports fans.

The Forza thing was also quality as shows what can be done to imerse you in a game/product. Add to that the eventual 3d update will make it even better.

So all in all it was ok. The games they showed were awesome, Reach will be a sales monster. The new console looks nice too.

Also the old 360's have just been price dropped to £99. Bargain.

Watched the whole press conference now...

I really liked Kinect as a controller, when that guy was watching Alice in Wonderland and controlling music and such, it was good.

The games for it however... Oh dear. How far have Rare fallen from grace!? The one game which looked 'alright' was the rip-off of 'Hole in the wall'!

The other non-Kinect games looking good as ever, I've always liked Gears and Fable, so will be picking up the third installments of those...

Anyone else like the ridiculousness of the language in Bulletstorm? I think I heard 'You scared the **** off me'.