Username & Password saving.

ecuk268

Mine is odd. When in sign in and enter my username password etc. it comes up saying the "thank you for logging in if this page does not reappear in 5 seconds please click the link" (or words to that effect) but it always leaves me logged out (i.e. unable to view the main forum and still a space to enter my username and password at the top of the page) until I go into the Lounge or any other sub-forum at which point it seems I am then logged in. :confused:

Mine is odd. When in sign in and enter my username password etc. it comes up saying the "thank you for logging in if this page does not reappear in 5 seconds please click the link" (or words to that effect) but it always leaves me logged out (i.e. unable to view the main forum and still a space to enter my username and password at the top of the page) until I go into the Lounge or any other sub-forum at which point it seems I am then logged in. :confused:

Mine is the same as this.

Do you tick the "remember me" option when you log in? If not, try that. Someone else has had a similar problem which has been solved by doing that...

The "remember me" box does not appear using Google Chrome

The remember me button would be better off being before the log in button tbh.

When you tab it it does. Type username *tab* Type password *tab* *space* *tab* *space*

I feel much more interesting for revealing my log in regime.

:vuvu:

I've just amended the "remember me" checkbox so that it's automatically ticked, so if you've got a problem seeing it for whatever reason, it will remember you automatically.

But if you access the forum form an Internet Cafe, some random nutter can come along behind you and start posting drivvel?! Maybe that is what happened no Scu's post above?

But if you access the forum form an Internet Cafe, some random nutter can come along behind you and start posting drivvel?! Maybe that is what happened no Scu's post above?

Not if you log out afterwards.

Also, most internet cafés have automatic cookie-clearing scripts that take effect when your session finishes.

form an internet cafe?

happened no Scu's post?

seems like my tab space days are now long gone :(

I have the same problem as mentioned above... it only affects the first page and I'm recognised once I've entered a sub forum, without having to log in again. Just means The Saints forum isn't visible.

Happens on two different PC's (one Mac and one PC), three different browsers on each (Safari, Chrome, Firefox on Mac... IE7, Firefox, Opera on PC) and the cookies, temp files, cache and all other browsing data has been wiped from them all. It's been happening since the change, so plenty of logins and logouts for it to kick into life.

Seem to be having the same problem - keep getting logged out every time I visit the main board or try to post elsewhere. Closed Chrome, ticked remember me and it still does it.

And since posting this I haven't had the problem once - this forum really does work!

Happens on two different PC's (one Mac and one PC), three different browsers on each (Safari, Chrome, Firefox on Mac... IE7, Firefox, Opera on PC) and the cookies, temp files, cache and all other browsing data has been wiped from them all. It's been happening since the change, so plenty of logins and logouts for it to kick into life.

Add one more Mac to this list... with both Firefox and Safari. Consistent among all three computers I use.