Back to basics?

Bailey

Have taken some time to try and get used to the new forum, but there are three issues that keep bugging me. I don't know if others will agree or whether they've had similar problems too, so interested to hear people's thoughts as always.

1. The colour scheme. There's just too much white and now this forum looks a bit generic, almost like any other forum on the web. Is it possible to bring in a skin similar to the old one?

2. The new version can be sooo slow to load. I appreciate that there is more data and what not going onto this new site, but it's quite frustrating at times. Is there any way around this?

and FINALLY!

3. The much debated banner. I think a new design would go some way to making this site look more modern and individual. The banner from the old forum looked class and would be a lot better than the current one. Possible to have a poll to decide?

Thoughts?

Have taken some time to try and get used to the new forum, but there are three issues that keep bugging me. I don't know if others will agree or whether they've had similar problems too, so interested to hear people's thoughts as always.

1. The colour scheme. There's just too much white and now this forum looks a bit generic, almost like any other forum on the web. Is it possible to bring in a skin similar to the old one?

2. The new version can be sooo slow to load. I appreciate that there is more data and what not going onto this new site, but it's quite frustrating at times. Is there any way around this?

and FINALLY!

3. The much debated banner. I think a new design would go some way to making this site look more modern and individual. The banner from the old forum looked class and would be a lot better than the current one. Possible to have a poll to decide?

Thoughts?

What was wrong with the lay out of the previous format..? it was shapr, easy on the eye and quick to navigate around the site..

why could there not have been a poll or something..? afterall, if it was not for the paying masses, this site would be hardly anything at all.

The banner - dear god...looks like a cola advert or something

The new site might have more to it, but at the end of the day, this place was and is a message board..

all this fancy stuff is drowning out the original purpose of what this place is for..

I for one, wont be renewing my membership in a hurry..

booooo