go back to the previous format

Thedelldays

im sure i am not alone in thinking that it was just going to be the banner that was changing its appearence..

will say, this is terrible....really terrible...the whole layout and look, its slow and the fonts overlap etc etc

ALL previous versions of this board...S4E, TSF etc etc etc were miles better looking, more easy on the eye and more simple to navigate round..

looks like a child made their first website..

sorry to be blunt, nothing personal...just giving you direct feedback...

Edited by Thedelldays

Putting it simply ... I do NOT like the new format

WHY did someone find it necessary to change a well established, and very GOOD Format

The change(s) has been almost 100%, and as far as I am concerned, almost unrecognisable to what OUR Forum used to be

Change it back please, it has lost it's "Saints" appeal

Putting it simply ... I do NOT like the new format

WHY did someone find it necessary to change a well established, and very GOOD Format

The change(s) has been almost 100%, and as far as I am concerned, almost unrecognisable to what OUR Forum used to be

Change it back please, it has lost it's "Saints" appeal

I agree 100%. Someone has seriously messed up. Looks absolutely awful. Terrible, terrible idea to mess around with it.

It's a bit too bright for me. Is there a quick way of jumping to another forum, e.g. from 'The Lounge' to 'Technology' without going through the tree? The previous format had a drop-down box at the bottom-right.

That's still there... the big one next to "Quick Navigation" :thumbup:

How odd. Its faster, cleaner, easier on the eye, more direct, better options, more feature rich and simpler to use.

Faster? I haven't noticed any difference in speed.

Cleaner? A salesman's word which usually means absolutely nothing. In this case, considering there's a bug report page on the forum suggestions section I would beg to differ.

Easier on the eye? Couldn't disagree with you more. It all looks messy to me and (probably my age) but I find the forum generally more difficult to use. I know the colour scheme is Saints related but it does look like a 1970s tabloid newspaper.

More Direct? Agree with you on that one

Better Options? Explain

More feature rich? TBH all I do is put forward my opinions (obviously)

Simpler to use? Disagree, I still can't work out smileys and half of the quick type-in shortcuts don't work.

I like the menus at the top of the page but aesthetically it's a big regression on the previous design

Only thing that I have a problem with is reading across the whole screen, I have to turn my head. Seriously, I would prefer a border down the sides. Thatis all really as I am getting used to and liking all the other changes.

Only thing that I have a problem with is reading across the whole screen, I have to turn my head. Seriously, I would prefer a border down the sides. Thatis all really as I am getting used to and liking all the other changes.

Thats about the only thing I like! Although I feel there should be a couple of styles to choose from.

It's really not very easy on the eye where on post finishes and another post starts. Same when looking through a list of thread subjects - your eye doesn't pick up which are the newest threads, what are stickys etc. Why I'm bothering to voice my opinion I don't know though...

as much as I like the new banner, and I appreciate the work thats gone into the changes, i'm not a fan, but we shall persevere and I will continue to be an appreciative user =)

Sign him up immediately, as a moderator :D

It's really not very easy on the eye where on post finishes and another post starts. Same when looking through a list of thread subjects - your eye doesn't pick up which are the newest threads, what are stickys etc. Why I'm bothering to voice my opinion I don't know though...

Here's an old member who's been around the block..! ;)

Did make me chuckle.

How odd. Its faster, cleaner, easier on the eye, more direct, better options, more feature rich and simpler to use.

Faster. ? Anyone who thinks it faster must have a steam-dfriven PC. You've got time to make a cup of tea while 'trawling' the P----y saga pages.

In fairness it takes some getting used to and writing posts when you are taking quotes from elsewhere can be a problem as the quote appears exactly as the original, showing things in bold type, different colours etc, which you may not want and I don't believe used to happen Even the size of the quote may need to be adjusted so it takes longer than before though fair enough the facility to alter colour, font, bold type is there of course.

• 1 month later...

Supposedly when people change a website regular users all hate the changes at first then get used to them and end up deciding they actually quite like the redesign anyway.

Now the dust has settled on this I am curious to know how many now actually prefer the new forum and whether anyone's changed their minds.

Supposedly when people change a website regular users all hate the changes at first then get used to them and end up deciding they actually quite like the redesign anyway.

Now the dust has settled on this I am curious to know how many now actually prefer the new forum and whether anyone's changed their minds.

Nope,still really dislike it,but hey ho.

I know what you mean. I'm largely ambivalent but if pushed for an answer I'd plump for the previous version, purely on the basis of it being less 'bright' (the screen, not me...although, that said...)

88th minute penalty with the scores locked at 0-0 on Saturday will show whether the change was worth it or not.

Actually scrap that make it the game after as live TV will mean reduced numbers on here.

I actually find it slower than the old version so match day freds will be a tester fo sure.

How come every single time this site goes down due to heavy traffic we're treated to the message "this forum will be down for a few hours while we install a few essential upgrades"?

Just effing update to the latest version and stop faffing about.

88th minute penalty with the scores locked at 0-0 on Saturday will show whether the change was worth it or not.

Actually scrap that make it the game after as live TV will mean reduced numbers on here.

I actually find it slower than the old version so match day freds will be a tester fo sure.

Well it lost the plot for about 5 mins towards the end ot the Bomo game.

SORRY TO HIJACK THE THREAD BUT I CAN NOT START NEW THREADS...

Can one of you kind admins update my account. My Paypal renewal for membership went through several days ago but I'm still stuck at 'registered user' level.

Ta.

Email Steve Grant here subscriptions@saintsweb.co.uk i had a problem for a few days but a soon as i emailed direct Steve kindly sorted it straightaway.

The dumbass that i am i tried to PM you,but obviously you cant recieve them.

It's happened to me too.... Been over a week now, sent 3 emails via the contact us link at the bottom of every page and not even had a bloody acknowledgement from the so-called admins.

Not impressed at all!!!

It does not actually go to the admin,apparently,Email the address in my previous post chap.

getting back on subject...

i have to say that i prefer the previous version ....this one is just too damn BRIGHT!!!!! A choice of skins would be nice too (i always used the blue version,as it was easier on the eye)

and also WTF is going on with PM's????

i tend to waffle to my mate on PM and for some reason ,since the small update was done a couple of weeks ago , any of the longer PM's that we write become virtually iledgible (sp)....all the letters of each word are ON TOP of each other ,rather than NEXT TO each other and you have to read the words going downwards!!!.....it's **cking annoying!

i PM'd SG about it almost a week ago and have not heard anything back!!..........

bit ignorant ,don't you think??

getting back on subject...

i have to say that i prefer the previous version ....this one is just too damn BRIGHT!!!!! A choice of skins would be nice too (i always used the blue version,as it was easier on the eye)

and also WTF is going on with PM's????

i tend to waffle to my mate on PM and for some reason ,since the small update was done a couple of weeks ago , any of the longer PM's that we write become virtually iledgible (sp)....all the letters of each word are ON TOP of each other ,rather than NEXT TO each other and you have to read the words going downwards!!!.....it's **cking annoying!

i PM'd SG about it almost a week ago and have not heard anything back!!..........

bit ignorant ,don't you think??

Are you using IE6 per chance?

Baj is/was on holiday, Steve has a day job, after ML died this forum went mental, so he had a fair bit to do to try and get it back up and running, he is trying to move house, so cut the guy some slack.