Bug Reports Forum

saint_stevo

maybe the upgrade should have been tested for a while before going live?

:uhoh:

Do you seriously not think that it was tested before being put live? None of the issues that have been raised (and, to be honest, there's only been a handful - ignoring the "wah, I don't like white" complaints) were found by any of the 15 people I asked to test a development implementation of the new software.

Or more sensibly, why doesn't SteveGrunt unlock the thread he started about it and people can post problems on there, then they'll also be able to see if the same problem has already been reported and if any help was given.

Because if there are issues, I'd rather they each had their individual thread so it's easier to keep track of them.

Oh, and have an infraction. Believe it or not, I'm not in the mood for your "humour".

:uhoh:

Do you seriously not think that it was tested before being put live? None of the issues that have been raised (and, to be honest, there's only been a handful - ignoring the "wah, I don't like white" complaints) were found by any of the 15 people I asked to test a development implementation of the new software.

Hardly been seamless though............(not a dig at you SG, btw)

Because if there are issues, I'd rather they each had their individual thread so it's easier to keep track of them.

Oh, and have an infraction. Believe it or not, I'm not in the mood for your "humour".

Bit harsh for a typo.........

Bit harsh

I don't think it is harsh. Borewaysaint has offended Steve, a man who has worked tirelessly on getting this forum up and running again. If peoplecan't show respect then they should be banned permanently. Calling Steve Grant "Steve Grunt" is offensive and out of order. It implies that Steve Grant either grunts a lot or is like Grant Mitchell from Easternders, who was mocked by being called Grunt (ie, he was mocked for being a thug, a brainless goon). From my experience, Steve Grant is neither a brainless goon nor does he grunt a lot (although I conceded this is hard to tell over the internet. I have never met Steve, but if I did, it would be an honour).

Norwaysaint - shame on you. You have tarnished a good mans reputation and probably done some damage to Saints-Norway relations. I hope you're proud of yourself.

I can't help but agree with the poster above. I think it is really easy to complain, but this isn't stevegrant's job to do this - all the time he puts into this is his own. And this site is available for free to everyone, and for a tiny fee if you want any extras. I don't begrudge stevegrant and Boj taking a bit of money for all the hard work that stevegrant puts in. Can we all think before we post things that are obviously mean and thoughtless. stevegrant has worked really hard at this, without any help at all from Boj or Ponty or the rest of the admin team, and we should give him the credit where it is due.

Can you imagine getting in after a hard day's work to have to spend your evening putting together something as momentous as this, particularly whilst the rest of your so-called team sit around and take the credit for when things go well? No. (I can't see any of that admin team supporting stevegrant in the face of all these complaints, either.)

So unless you lot can do any better (and seeing the attempts from some people over the years (the comedy site by SF76 aside) it's obvious you can't), shut up.

Yes, the forum is different. But is it worse? No. The content of the forum is still the same (although I can't see the main board still)... whining, moaning, racism, homophobia, etc. Where else can you go these days to do these things without some PC, leftie, tree-hugger reporting you to Brussels? Nowhere. So just be thankful. Be thankful to stevegrant. stevegrant, I salute you. Well done.