Grievances

saint_stevo

drivers who don't say thanx (by means of raising their fingers/hands when you let them out/give way to them.

people who use the symbol ' / ' instead of writing the word ' or '..........;)

and people who make speech marks in the air with their fingers during a conversation.......

and when a seemingly more powerful server can't get something as simple as a furkin smilie to appear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People thinking that if they get off the plane first there holiday will be longer than yours ..... F**K OFF!!!

People who can't use their/there/they're properly and therefore prevent a sentence making sense :-p

Also, people who add some g's to the word exit and say 'eggsit'.

Edited by Pip87

drivers who don't say thanx (by means of raising their fingers/hands when you let them out/give way to them.

I would say people that take longer to get the f::ck out my way on the road because they're so all consumed by the thought of giving me a wave that means absolutely nothing...

I didnt realise there was a correct spelling when your using phonetics to spell something? Surely your just using letters as they sound to show what you mean? Therefore spelling is Irrelevant?

You didn't realise...now you do...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H

That'll learn you...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

People who ask for things by saying 'Can I get...'

No you can't get it, I'll do it for you, you just f*cking stay where you are.

People who ask for things by saying 'Can I get...'

No you can't get it, I'll do it for you, you just f*cking stay where you are.

Yep, wrong use of 'can'. I remember when I was a child I used to say to my Dad 'can I go to the fair' (for example). He'd always reply 'yes you CAN (i.e. you have the ability to go to the fair) but WILL you (i.e. will you be allowed to) is a different matter'.

It used to infuriate me.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Yep, wrong use of 'can'. I remember when I was a child I used to say to my Dad 'can I go to the fair' (for example). He'd always reply 'yes you CAN (i.e. you have the ability to go to the fair) but WILL you (i.e. will you be allowed to) is a different matter'.

It used to infuriate me.

I think I see the origins of your pedanticism.

It used to infuriate me.

Ditto from my olds, but substitute "may" for "will"...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
So, nearly all fairs then.

There's no 'nearly' about it.

I think we ought to call them 'Itinerant Travelling Carnival Personnel'.

And yes I do know that Itinerant describes a wandering traveller with no fixed home.

I think I see the origins of your pedanticism.

:D

Actually no, that's not the case. My dad was proud of being Hampshire born and bred and his grammar was appalling sometimes. He used to say 'that'll learn you' instead of 'teach' and 'I give he what for' instead of ' gave him'.

His accent was so broad, I often couldn't understand him! But he was rigid about 'can' and 'will'.