Cheap airline, get what you pay for

Saint in Paradise

delayed because of the French air traffic controllers' strike

"per legal restrictions the bars on board remained closed".

none was being offered by Ryanair staff, whom, I have to say, were doing their best.

So nothing to do with Ryanair and all to do with a) The law and b)Striking French airworkers.

Given one of our mods who works for Ryanair is currently stuck in France, because its France's issue and not Ryanairs, I have full sympathy for both the staff AND the passengers.

Stupid French wotsits. I've just spent the night sleeping in a chair at Marseille airport because my flight was cancelled and all the hotels were fully booked. :( Checked out of the hotel at 9am yesterday morning and I've just got home an hour ago. Tired, p*ssed off and sat in a bag of testicle soup. Off for a shower now. Apparently the French are being made to work until they're 3 years younger than the rest of Europe. Diddums.

That article went off the rails with the first sentence and the phrase, "stuck on the runway." Nobody goes and sits on the runway for 6 hours. I can't see how you can level any criticism at the crew either. They aren't allowed to open the bars on the ground so there was precious little they could do. By the looks of it they then called the handling agent who then arranged the refreshments. The pigs were probably just there as a precaution.