Wipeout HD

Danny

Anyone else downloaded it? I've got to say it's well worth the £12 it's going for on PSN - although I think I'd get far more out of it if I actually had a HD TV...

I haven't ventured online with it yet, simply because I know I'll just get my behind handed to me on a plate but if anyone else fancies a game let me know.

Whilst on the subject of PSN, can anyone give me some ideas for connecting my PS3 to the internet? My computer, phone and Broadband are in the room directly below the PS3 but I can't put the cable through the floor (it's a f*cking old house, it'll collapse).

Please keep answers simple, i'm not really ITK when it comes to all this technology stuff.

OK i've got it set up, but it's having trouble obtaining the IP address. I assume it's just the same one as my computer? If so then I can put it in manually.

The PS3 needs a separate IP address (for example if your PC is 192.168.0.2 the PS3 should be 192.168.0.4)

As far as I can remember from when I set my PS3 up, as long as you have the can detect the wireless network and have the network key (the security code that lets you connect to the network) the PS3 and router should be able to do the rest between them.

Online racing is ****ing fun. I'm sure Dan K will verify.

Plus, in the last race before you went, I killed you, went past you, yet you still somehow won. Offical inquiry on how this happened please...

Ha ha. As soon as you hit me I got a speed boost which launched me to victory. It's not over 'til it's over!

It is a good laugh though. I'd highly recommend going online with it to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Additional content out today, with 8 new tracks, 13 new cars and some new modes.

I love this game..... but rarely play it.

It's cracking fun with the surround sound turned right up.

Not sure my neighbours agree.

I'll be downloading the extra content for sure.

Most impressed. Cool new music and car skins. New race tracks offer variety but seem pretty simple to master. It feels like a sequel, not an expansion. Not been online yet but hey will have a punt ofer the weekend. Oh and the new eliminator mode is great; flipping your car around 180 degrees then releasing your quake...sweet. There's more to do here than the whole original game.

Shatter. Love Arkanoid? LOVE SHATTER. £7.99 + £4.99 this lot cost; great bargain.

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight was the first time I've played Fury online. Loved it, I must say. Hopefully be doing that more often!

Much harder than I thought it would be online, still stumped as to how you made me look so average!!!