Wayne Rooney

JonnyLove

Been sent a text from a friend of mine regarding a possible reason for his terrible form. Apparently he was caught ****ging someone (prossie again apparently) but the papers cut a deal with him that they would not publish anything until the end of the world cup.

Not sure if it's another rumour Luke the gerrard one but might explain a bit as to why he was so crap. Guess the only way to know will be if it does make it to the papers

He was giving a quick fire interview before the tournament, you know the type of thing, tea or coffee? dogs or cats? When he was asked world cup or champions league he replied champions league. Tells you all you need to know.

He was giving a quick fire interview before the tournament, you know the type of thing, tea or coffee? dogs or cats? When he was asked world cup or champions league he replied champions league. Tells you all you need to know.

It tells me that he'd be one of the 98% of people who vote "Club" when asked "Club or Country?" on here. It should be different for a player but I guess it isn't always so.

It tells me that he'd be one of the 98% of people who vote "Club" when asked "Club or Country?" on here. It should be different for a player but I guess it isn't always so.

To be fair it got a very different result when asked on the England fans website.

See that is the strange thing, if you asked me as a supporter who would i prefer to have the most amount of success i would in almost all cases say Saints, probably because they are the team i support they define me most.

However if i was a PLAYER and a good player i mean, than i would always covet playing for my country and playing in a world cup.

That said there are three teams i would give my all to wear the shirt for, Saints, England and Real Madrid. Madrid is a weird one, as they never really live up to the hype but IMO they buy the best, and so in that respect i would want to wear the white as a testiment to my ability, if you get my drift.

But alas, two snapped ACL's later i'll struggle getting into some reserve side somewhere, suppose i could always go downhill and play for hedge end :(

Care about England or not - there is no way Rooney or any other player would want to put in a crap performance at the World Cup, even for only selfish reasons any player would want to enhance their global reputation.

I don't believe any player would not give 100% in that situation.

Maybe it would be understandable if he was still playing for his boyhood team, but even then surely every players ambition would be to win the world cup?

they all need to be castrated, that would calm them down and help them concentrate on football, it should be part of the signing on process for players above maybe League One status.

That would give the playoffs a bit more edge.

And they could stand more relaxed when defending free kicks around the edge of the box.

Maybe their clubs could recoup some of the wages by selling their frozen sperm through the shop as image rights?