winter break

angelman

Anyone think that this is a good idea? While I realise that it is only the PL that are wanting it at the moment, I presume that if it is introduced, then it will work its way down the leagues.

Personally I like all the games around Christmas and look forward to it. It is also when we, the paying customer, can get to more games as we are often on holiday. I do feel that the PL seem to think that the supporters are a bit of a nuisance and that there is no consideration that this is when supporters can get to more games.

Is the argument that the season is too long really valid? Do players really get that tired? I can understand that it might take a while to recover from a game, but the training sessions shouldn't be too much of a burden, should it? If it was then surely they wouldn't all be playing golf in their time off.

I didn't even think the main purpose of a winter break was to avoid tiredness, I thought it was to avoid bad weather. As our weather is so unreliable, it would probably be mild during the break and then awful straight after. Games would be postponed and teams would end up playing 4 games a week to catch up.

Dumb idea. Arrange a two week break around Xmas then when the fixtures start again there will probably be two weeks of extreme snow meaning a massive backlog of fixtures around their precious Champions League knock out games.

Make the useless overpiad ****s work over Xmas.

also, a winter break would mean a reduction in the number of teams in the PL. While the PL might well like that (and why stop at 20 teams? Why not become like the SPL and have 10!!? Hell, why not just leave the PL and join a European Super League, with no relegation), it all seems to be for the benefit of a certain number of PL clubs. Not the ones that are there to make up the numbers, and certainly not for the supporter.

I think that I find the bogus excuses of players being tired the most irksome. Those in charge seem to be bringing it up now as they think that they have some validity to their argument after the **** poor display in South Africa. Those poor, poor footballers. Playing so many games a season that they are so tired. Maybe if they rested on their time off, rather than try and get into every girl's knickers or (as mentioned) play golf, they would be less tired. Maybe the cost of counting £100k a week makes you tired. My heart really does bleed for them.

Would they rest their players, would they ferk. They'd be of to the middle east on a whistle tour, to earn more dosh, play 2/3 games, then come back to two weeks of snow and and ice. Ask yourself this, would you swap jobs with them right now, I work shifts including nights and weekends, for a fraction of what they earn, poor dears that they are, so if Stevie G wants a job swap, well, lets say I'm game.

Pussys:rolleyes: