Prediction League

Jillyanne

Seems a little more confusing than before ? Anyway, click on Prediction League in menu at top which leads to this :

SaintsWeb Prediction League

The concept's simple, predict the score in every Saints game and score points based on how accurate your predictions are.

Score 10 points if you get the result and score spot-on or 5 points if you get the result (win, lose or draw) but not the score right. If you didn't get the score right, you also get 1 point if you correctly predicted the number of goals one of the teams scored.

The SaintsWeb Prediction League is open to all registered members of SaintsWeb. If you're not yet registered, click here!

Latest Standings

Pos Username Pld CS CR Pts 1 70's Mike 0 0 0 0 2 adj250770 0 0 0 0 3 Baldsaint 0 0 0 0 4 Berkhamsted Saint 0 0 0 0 5 Big Bad Bob 0 0 0 0 6 bognor regis pete 0 0 0 0 7 bubblyone 0 0 0 0 8 countysaint 0 0 0 0 9 damers 0 0 0 0 10 Dimond Geezer 0 0 0 0 11 eharty9 0 0 0 0 12 hamster 0 0 0 0 13 Huntingdon 0 0 0 0 14 itchen_dan 0 0 0 0 15 Joensuu 0 0 0 0 16 John McGrath's Jockstrap 0 0 0 0 17 Joneth 0 0 0 0 18 JRM 0 0 0 0 19 Leslie Charteris 0 0 0 0 20 liquidshokk 0 0 0 0 21 markr27 0 0 0 0 22 Painswick Saint 0 0 0 0 23 Peter023 0 0 0 0 24 Ponty 0 0 0 0 25 REDARMY79 0 0 0 0 26 sad saints fan 0 0 0 0 27 Saint Luke 0 0 0 0 28 Saint Without a Halo 0 0 0 0 29 saintds 0 0 0 0 30 Saints Mad Si 0 0 0 0 31 Saints Warrior 0 0 0 0 32 saintscottofthenortham 0 0 0 0 33 SFC goalmachine 0 0 0 0 34 smileysaint 0 0 0 0 35 soppyoldsod 0 0 0 0 36 sotonianproud 0 0 0 0 37 stanstubbs 0 0 0 0 38 Steve100 0 0 0 0 39 stevegrant 0 0 0 0 40 steveo 0 0 0 0 41 stmusicdude 0 0 0 0 42 stubb saint 0 0 0 0 43 tizz 0 0 0 0 44 Tom8558 0 0 0 0 45 toofarnorth 0 0 0 0 46 Townhillsaintsfan 0 0 0 0 47 WestSaint 0 0 0 0

Just above "SaintsWeb Prediction league" and just below "forum" you'll see "my predictions." "standings" is just to the left.

Ooh, good question. I put opponents score first but it's not actually clear on that layout.

Oh good, I'm glad it is not only me:D

You are right though, it does take longer and even longer if you have to edit the scores depending on whether or not you've entered them correctly in the 1st place:rolleyes:

As the coming season will be my first go at this, can you just clear the scores question up for me..? Obviously, for Home matches we put Saints score first, but for Away matches, do we put Saints score second..?

That may well seem obvious to anyone who has done it before, but it's just as well to be clear. Ta.

As the coming season will be my first go at this, can you just clear the scores question up for me..? Obviously, for Home matches we put Saints score first, but for Away matches, do we put Saints score second..?

That may well seem obvious to anyone who has done it before, but it's just as well to be clear. Ta.

This could be fun:D

What do you think Ponty and I are trying to find out, D'oh ;)

To clarify, ALL predictions should have the Saints score first, regardless of whether we're home or away. I have emphasised this on the "My Predictions" page as it wasn't clear.

Ponty, the reason I've done it the way it now appears (i.e. you submit one result at a time) is to avoid the situation we had last season where you might only predict one actual score, but the rest would be entered as a default 0-0, meaning if we ever did draw a game 0-0, those who couldn't be arsed to actually make a prediction ended up with full marks :facepalm:

This way, if you don't predict a result for a game, you won't score any points.

To clarify, ALL predictions should have the Saints score first, regardless of whether we're home or away. I have emphasised this on the "My Predictions" page as it wasn't clear.

Ponty, the reason I've done it the way it now appears (i.e. you submit one result at a time) is to avoid the situation we had last season where you might only predict one actual score, but the rest would be entered as a default 0-0, meaning if we ever did draw a game 0-0, those who couldn't be arsed to actually make a prediction ended up with full marks :facepalm:

At last, thank you:D

That actually makes sense, Steve. The bit about 0-0 results, anyway. Now, I'd better go and edit some results to show Saints score first, else I'd be challenging a few others on here for negativity.

That actually makes sense, Steve. The bit about 0-0 results, anyway. Now, I'd better go and edit some results to show Saints score first, else I'd be challenging a few others on here for negativity.

Arghhhhhh, oh yes I need to edit lots of mine. Can't have Saints losing dozens of games 4-1 :)

I've done the whole season already, we are getting promoted as champions and without losing a game !

So I'm wayyyyyyyyy ahead this time.

Much as I admire your undying support of SFC, I'd say that was a tad optimistic of a Saints team. Would be good though. How many games into the new season do you think before they let us down again..? :D

much as i admire your undying support of sfc, i'd say that was a tad optimistic of a saints team. Would be good though. How many games into the new season do you think before they let us down again..? :D

45 tbh:D

Never mind, I'm confident that with scores for every game for the 1st time I'll finish top half....also for the 1st time ever if it happens I believe.

That would be minutes, not games, I'm assuming. Or you've had a couple more measures of red wine than I have this evening.

Thoroughly honest of you too. Guess what..? Of the 3 league and 1 cup games during August, I've got the lads winning them all..! How's that for realistic optimism..? I reckon they can do it too. Honestly, if they want to win the league, that's the sort of form they're going to have to show anyway.

That would be minutes, not games, I'm assuming. Or you've had a couple more measures of red wine than I have this evening.

Thoroughly honest of you too. Guess what..? Of the 3 league and 1 cup games during August, I've got the lads winning them all..! How's that for realistic optimism..? I reckon they can do it too. Honestly, if they want to win the league, that's the sort of form they're going to have to show anyway.

Don't drink aside from a bottle of cider once in a blue moon and never indoors. No, 45 games of course. My theory is simple, I back Saints to win ( a few draws in very hard games), if they do win great, if they lose then I'm really not bothered about a wrong prediction as opposed to 3 lost points!

Don't drink aside from a bottle of cider once in a blue moon and never indoors. No, 45 games of course. My theory is simple, I back Saints to win ( a few draws in very hard games), if they do win great, if they lose then I'm really not bothered about a wrong prediction as opposed to 3 lost points!

Oh I see, so, for the Prediction League, you're playing the gambler's/stats, rather than the expectation/fan game. But what do you really think..? ;)

Oh I see, so, for the Prediction League, you're playing the gambler's/stats, rather than the expectation/fan game. But what do you really think..? ;)

That'll we will win the league of course :smug:

Played 46 Won 30 Draw 10 Lose 6 F 123 A 25 Pts 100

Think that should do it :D

This really belongs in the "Golden Threads" you do realise ;)

That'll we will win the league of course :smug:

Played 46 Won 30 Draw 10 Lose 6 F 123 A 25 Pts 100

Think that should do it :D

This really belongs in the "Golden Threads" you do realise ;)

Don't tell anyone, especially don't whisper a syllable to anyone connected with SFC, but I think we'll win the League, too. I don't think we'll run away with it, as that would be entirely unlike a Saints team, and besides, I don't know how I would cope without a bit of uncertainty, but I believ we'll do it with a few points to spare.

We'll see if it belongs in the Golden Threads area, come the end of August, at the very earliest.

Don't tell anyone, especially don't whisper a syllable to anyone connected with SFC, but I think we'll win the League, too. I don't think we'll run away with it, as that would be entirely unlike a Saints team, and besides, I don't know how I would cope without a bit of uncertainty, but I believ we'll do it with a few points to spare.

We'll see if it belongs in the Golden Threads area, come the end of August, at the very earliest.

We'll win the league even if we don't sign any more players. But given we almost certainly will then it will be more than by a few points. Compared to say the 1977/78 promotion team the squad looks fine except it lacks the flair and bite of Ball/Williams in midfield and maybe right back though I'm confident we will sign a right back and at least one CM player. The main thing is apart from two loaness in Papa and Antonio we have not lost anyone nor are we likely too though of course a few believe we will ( Lallana, Schneiderlin for example, Lallana definitely will not leave and I doubt Morgan will either.) Would not be surprised at all if Surman returned nor if there was one very major and surprise signing, I have an inkling who it might be but the only clue, a big one, is on my Twitter page !!

We'll win the league even if we don't sign any more players. But given we almost certainly will then it will be more than by a few points. Compared to say the 1977/78 promotion team the squad looks fine except it lacks the flair and bite of Ball/Williams in midfield and maybe right back though I'm confident we will sign a right back and at least one CM player. The main thing is apart from two loaness in Papa and Antonio we have not lost anyone nor are we likely too though of course a few believe we will ( Lallana, Schneiderlin for example, Lallana definitely will not leave and I doubt Morgan will either.) Would not be surprised at all if Surman returned nor if there was one very major and surprise signing, I have an inkling who it might be but the only clue, a big one, is on my Twitter page !!

Blimey, I believe you've spent a few minutes thinking about that one. ;)

As it happens, I also think we have a strong enough squad to win the league, probably right now. I'd like a guarantee or two, as in the resigning of Papa and Antonio, or something like their quality. Actually, I just like them both resigned, as they were so good, IMO. But it really doesn't look like that'll happen. Big announcement on the cards though..? I'd settle for them. I don't think anyone else is going anywhere. They all know what's expected of them. They are in THE team of League One, after all, and they know it.

Blimey, I believe you've spent a few minutes thinking about that one. ;)

As it happens, I also think we have a strong enough squad to win the league, probably right now. I'd like a guarantee or two, as in the resigning of Papa and Antonio, or something like their quality. Actually, I just like them both resigned, as they were so good, IMO. But it really doesn't look like that'll happen. Big announcement on the cards though..? I'd settle for them. I don't think anyone else is going anywhere. They all know what's expected of them. They are in THE team of League One, after all, and they know it.

Just deciding whether to raise your hopes ! I never claim to be ITK though I'd say it's about 60/40 this player will sign, I'm working on it though naturally he can't commit himself until it nears a definite conclusion. He definitely likes Saints, the possible snag is our League 1 status and one PL team at least expressing an interest though I gather he's unlikely to go there, too cold !

Just deciding whether to raise your hopes ! I never claim to be ITK though I'd say it's about 60/40 this player will sign, I'm working on it though naturally he can't commit himself until it nears a definite conclusion. He definitely likes Saints, the possible snag is our League 1 status and one PL team at least expressing an interest though I gather he's unlikely to go there, too cold !

Go on. Do a PM.