7/7

Pancake

Five years ago.

I'm sure loads on here were in London that day, I know SNSUN was working on the Underground that day (out at Heathrow, luckily). I was working in Southwark, got to work really early for some reason (meeting I think) and took my usual walk avoiding public transport so didnt know of anything until I was safely in the office.

Had a meeting with Accenture cancelled the day before. I would have been in Liverpool street for around 9.00ish - I can never say i would have been on that tube, but it would have been close.

Often think about it, fate and all that....

RIP those who lost their lives. I was at school and my mum text me saying there had been an explosion on the underground, and it could have been an electrical fault. Throughout the day we learned it was a terrorist attack and it was only when I got home I realised the true extent of it. It was shocking. RIP.

RIP those who lost their lives. I was at school and my mum text me saying there had been an explosion on the underground, and it could have been an electrical fault.

Yeah, I jut re-read my thread I started that day on another forum, I started by saying there were reports of more than 1 power surge on the Underground. What an odd thing for the media to put out.

Yeah, I jut re-read my thread I started that day on another forum, I started by saying there were reports of more than 1 power surge on the Underground. What an odd thing for the media to put out.

I was on the Piccadilly line that day when the bombs went off, I was at Green Park at the time so not that many stops away. When they announced that the tubes had been suspended and that everyone had to leave the station it was obvious they were talking complete ******x. They were blaming an electical fault on the metropolitan line for stopping the piccadilly line.

Well remembered Pancake! Yes it was the busiest working day of my life, not just the sheer volume of people collecting at Heathrow (with flights coming in and nowhere for people to go, Heathrow must've nearly reached capacity) but all the time wondering whether any more bombs were going to go off. I hope nothing like this ever happens again.

My heart goes out to all those that perished, and to all my colleagues on the Tube that worked their nutsacks off that day, especially those that were at the bombing locations and had to walk down the tunnels to the dead. It must've been a horrific sight.

EDIT: I wrote my activities that day on a blog today, at : http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/kurtbarling/2010/07/where_were_you_when_this.html

It's interesting to see how many lives the incident touched of people that weren't even in London. When you bomb a city, or town, or village, it's the whole country that mourns.

Edited by SNSUN

I was on the Piccadilly line that day when the bombs went off, I was at Green Park at the time so not that many stops away. When they announced that the tubes had been suspended and that everyone had to leave the station it was obvious they were talking complete ******x. They were blaming an electical fault on the metropolitan line for stopping the piccadilly line.

I was on district line and got evacuated at Victoria. Can't remember how I got to work in the end. Think I took a bus to Charing Cross then overground to London Bridge. In hindsight the bus may not have been the best move.