Apokalupsis Eschaton!

Master Bates

14hrs 30ish minutes til the end peeps.

"The LHC is in the final stages of construction and commissioning, with some sections already being cooled down to their final operating temperature of approximately 2K(Kelvin units). The first beams are due for injection mid June 2008 with the first collisions planned to take place 2 months later.[1] The LHC will become the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator.[2] The LHC is being funded and built in collaboration with over two thousand physicists from thirty-four countries as well as hundreds of universities and laboratories."

In lamans terms (not really) this thing accelerates particles (protons) at super high velocities via super magnets inside a a large friggin vaccuum shaped like a hoola hoop, shooting millions of particles at eachother eventually colliding at the right vectors (velocity and direction) and creating a black hole or some other nasty ****...

The whole purpose of it is to test Stephen Hawking's theory of Hawking radiation, essentially this machine can create blackholes.

Creating a blackhole on earth is a pretty serious feat, and if modern physics holds up it will be created based entirely on theory.

They are also considering this machine to be the linking between alternate dimensions, as well as an unknown quite probable creation of dark matter which can't be good...

Essentially this machine can swallow up our earth if Hawking's theory proves incorrect.

Hawking radiation is the natural decay of a blackhole under ideal conditions (Vaccuum LHC).Unfortunately if this experiment is not pulled of flawlessly it could be the end of life as we know it.... Which is why its been delayed over and over due to stresses, it was actually set in this month to be conducted, but a few people are protesting with the earths interest in mind.

Wikipedia entry on the dark matter that could be created.

Main article: Strangelet

Strangelets are a hypothetical form of strange matter that contains roughly equal numbers of up, down, and strange quarks and are more stable than ordinary nuclei. If strangelets can actually exist, and if they were produced at LHC, they could conceivably initiate a runaway fusion process (reminiscent of the fictional ice-nine) in which all the nuclei in the planet were converted to strange matter, similar to a strange star.

The collider is contained in a circular tunnel with a circumference of 27 kilometres (17 mi) at a depth ranging from 50 to 175 metres underground

1.jpg

Superconducting quadrupole electromagnets are used to direct the beams to four intersection points where interactions between protons will take place...

15cern.xlarge1.jpg

0002.jpg

0001.jpg

"The collider tunnel contains two pipes, each pipe containing a beam. The two beams travel in opposite directions around the ring. 1232 dipole magnets keep the beams on their circular path, while additional 392 quadrupole magnets are used to keep the beams focused, in order to maximize the chances of interaction between the particles (Hence collider) in the four intersection points"

Here is the countdown for when the LHC is finally activated http://www.lhcountdown.com/

What a waste of money, lets spend millions of pounds on a machine that could destroy humanity or doing aboustly sweet FA (the later probably).

Dont worry about food prices, world poverty or oil prices, lets build a massive pointless machine that some retard told us to build.

FFS.

What a waste of money, lets spend millions of pounds on a machine that could destroy humanity or doing aboustly sweet FA (the later probably).

Dont worry about food prices, world poverty or oil prices, lets build a massive pointless machine that some retard told us to build.

FFS.

Thats not a serious post from you is it cabbage? :rolleyes:

Thats not a serious post from you is it cabbage? :rolleyes:

Yeah sorry pointless science like this pee's me off, like sending a robot to mars to look for water, what the hell is the point??? Why not spend the money on making a spaceship and suit that could take man to mars?

Penis Heads.

Yeah sorry pointless science like this pee's me off, like sending a robot to mars to look for water, what the hell is the point??? Why not spend the money on making a spaceship and suit that could take man to mars?

Penis Heads.

Because if we dont know there is any water on Mars what will said man drink when he gets there? Its a long flight dont you know :D

So what will this machine achieve? A cure for cancer? Cure for Aids? World Peace?

no probably some horrific weapon to kill some innocent people.

great, money well spent.

This gets me (not litterally), we can clone a sheep or dog and apparently a human too (except legally its not allowed) yet we havent been able to figure out a cure for Cancer or even the common cold?!

I personally think someone has, but it is all being kept hush hush. Apparently the worlds population is increasing in size equivilent to a city of Southamptons size every day. With this in mind, if we cured Cancer (1/3 people contract cancer now) so many people would live longer meaning the worlds population would grow even quicker. I think the powers which be maybe holding off the cure for 'the greater good'.

What?! So you would come back in the past? or in the future where there will be no Earth? or do you believe in re-incarnation, evoloution and big bang theory?

Please explain this to me.

If reincarnation was the way thing happens, the soul would therefore transmigrate, but then the number of organisms that could be considered to have a soul or anything such like varies wildly over time. This in turn leads me to believe that time is an illusion and the soul is only affected by the illusion of time when in a physical vessel (a body). As such, could transmigrate anywhere in 'any time'.

If reincarnation was the way thing happens' date=' the soul would therefore transmigrate, but then the number of organisms that could be considered to have a soul or anything such like varies wildly over time. This in turn leads me to believe that time is an illusion and the soul is only affected by the illusion of time when in a physical vessel (a body). As such, could transmigrate anywhere in 'any time'.[/quote']

So what would happen is your soul transmigrated to a time after the world was destroyed?

What would you be?

If reincarnation was the way thing happens' date=' the soul would therefore transmigrate, but then the number of organisms that could be considered to have a soul or anything such like varies wildly over time. This in turn leads me to believe that time is an illusion and the soul is only affected by the illusion of time when in a physical vessel (a body). As such, could transmigrate anywhere in 'any time'.[/quote']

I dont understand this so i cannot believe it.

Thanks for your time.

So what will this machine achieve? A cure for cancer? Cure for Aids? World Peace?

no probably some horrific weapon to kill some innocent people.

great, money well spent.

The study of particle physics could possibly find a particle that could prove the theory of unification and as such could further develop into cures. But then there's a whole load of stuff I have no clue at all about that could also be affected by this.

You're right on the weapon mind, but then that's how CERN can make back their money fairly easily. Make some mega-weapon, sell it to a few countries, can fund next experiments...

So what would happen is your soul transmigrated to a time after the world was destroyed?

What would you be?

How do you know the world gets destroyed? Even if it were, what limits such a thing to 'this world', 'this realm' or even 'this universe'? Who's to say?

I would be Babe the pig, btw.

Quick question.

If you believe in Evolution why are there no things half way thru evoloution wandering around, like a elephawk, Anacondeer, Crocodilemaar?

This is what I have always wandered? If we evolved from Monkeys why are there people not hairy and swinging from trees playing on laptops? And if we evolved from Monkeys, why do we seem to have stopped? Are we not going to further evolve? If so can I shotgun wings and gills so I can fly and breathe under water!