Collecter's Items

Johnny Shearer

I have a coca cola football from 1994. The thing that makes it stand out is that it was produced before England failed to qualify and it had the Union Cross on it instead of the St George's Cross.

Remember watching the antiques roadshow at the time and someone brought it into the show with the valuer saying one which had not been pumped up could be worth something in a few years time.

I've tried googling for it but come up with not much. Can anyone recommend sites for collectors' items and or a value for it?!

Also anyone else got random stuff which they think/know is worth some dosh?

And yes my spelling is not right in the thread title!

I would look up football memorabilia dealers, and ask them if they would be interested. It matters not one bit what they ask for them but what you can get offered for it. I suspect they need to double to cover overheads and profits.

As for the majority if not all antiques programmes they are a set up. I know a lot of the so called experts (the antiques roadshow is probably the best of a bad bunch) and they have little knowledge

I have some extremely early crisp £1 notes that a member of my family managed to obtain directly from the Royal Mint, would love to know if they have any value. According to my late Nan, they are the direct issues after the ones that were given to the Queen, not sure how true that is mind.

I would look up football memorabilia dealers, and ask them if they would be interested. It matters not one bit what they ask for them but what you can get offered for it. I suspect they need to double to cover overheads and profits.

As for the majority if not all antiques programmes they are a set up. I know a lot of the so called experts (the antiques roadshow is probably the best of a bad bunch) and they have little knowledge

Ah thanks, shall go down this route, had the ball for 16 years - shall keep it for another 4 and see if its worth more then.

I have some extremely early crisp £1 notes that a member of my family managed to obtain directly from the Royal Mint, would love to know if they have any value. According to my late Nan, they are the direct issues after the ones that were given to the Queen, not sure how true that is mind.

£1 ?

Not worth much, but in the last league game at The Dell, in the pre match kick about the Arsenal players were kicking in and the World Cup winner Vieira went to chip a ball to the Arsenal fans in the lower East. Sadly, as he had no one to kick or elbow he miscued his effort and I caught the ball in my seat next to the Arsenal fans in the Lower East. No one was watching so I kept the ball. On the way out, a friendly copper who used to patrol that area asked me what I was doing with the ball and I said taking it home. He said that is fine, but if anyone from the club asks, I am taking it to reception. It igot a bit scuffed from a game of football in Carlton Crescent after the match, but it is still in the cupboard under the stairs now.

Have also got an Italy shirt signed by Paolo Maldini. As it was designed for an Italian athlete, it is still as good as new.

I have an amazing coin collection, most of which was left to me by my grandad. I know it's worth a lot, not sure how much though.

I doubt it's worth much but I have 'Match of the millenium' book signed by Matt Le Tissier and Ted Bates. Maybe in the distant future?

I had a Wallace and Gromit alarm clock as a kid which I saw on tv a year or so ago, they managed to sell if for about £400. Found mine, broken!

I have the shirt Mich Channon (signed) wore the seaon after we won the FA Cup. Has an emboidered "FA Cup Winners 1976" around he badge. Its quality...

I also own the black dress worn by the bloke 2nd from right on the album cover below (paid £100 for it)

Laid.jpg

I have a few boxes full of Saints programmes which I am today starting to upload via Turbo Lister to E-bay. Most I'll start at 50p and probably a quid p&p, a few will start a bit higher but sure to be a few bargains to fill some gaps in collections or 'special' dates etc.

Watch this space.

I also have a limited edition TMX Elmo which is still in an unopened Harrod's delivery box. I made a few quid when they first became (un) available as I bulk buy'ed, this one's special though (hopes).

I have a few boxes full of Saints programmes which I am today starting to upload via Turbo Lister to E-bay. Most I'll start at 50p and probably a quid p&p, a few will start a bit higher but sure to be a few bargains to fill some gaps in collections or 'special' dates etc.

Watch this space.

I also have a limited edition TMX Elmo which is still in an unopened Harrod's delivery box. I made a few quid when they first became (un) available as I bulk buy'ed, this one's special though (hopes).

I have aload of books etc that I want to list - what is Turbo-Lister, does this make it easier or quicker to list?

I have aload of books etc that I want to list - what is Turbo-Lister, does this make it easier or quicker to list?

Turbo-Lister is an E-Bay download.

all IMHO:

Makes it easier and quicker to format your listings of similar items; for example if listing 10 saints progs you can simply set up the first one , then copy the ad and change the title, pic and details then upload the lot all at once. I know that this is possible via the main site but as I say, personally I like to have it as a standalone program.

No harm in trying it and it's FOC.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/turbo_lister/

It's also a nice little tool for reviewing sales and breaking them down into categories to see what's working and what's costing more to list than is worth your while.

Others may have different opinions of course.

I should also add that having a decent 'sniper' is very handy if you buy quite often to re-sell, does all the hard work while your asleep in bed or down the pub. This is not boasting as I know some people make bucketloads from e-bay, but nce upon a time I had to stop sniping and drop-shipping because PayPal reported me to the taxman. Obviously I didn't want to break the law but by the same token it would have cut my profit margin too much for my liking. I did consider doing it full/part time but I'm not business minded and where would I store half a container of 20kg boxes?

btw I was buying a single product from Germany for £35 and getting it drop-shipped to the UK buyer for anything from £80 to £115, selling 2-3 a week. That's a pretty big mark up and all I used to do was reload my snipe tool and relist the item. Got caught out once though when the company shipped MY invoice to the buyer and they splashed it all over my feedback, then again if people knew where Harrods source their stuff and how much they'd paid, I bet they'd still buy from Harrods.

Edited by hamster