Slash Foreign Aid, Voters Tell George Osborne

dune

GEORGE Osborne last night faced demands to slash Britain’s overseas aid budget after the Treasury was swamped with ideas from voters on how to cut Government waste.

The Chancellor launched a massive drive yesterday to consult the public over what areas of spending should be reduced to help curb the country’s debt crisis.

But as hundreds of ideas were sent to a Treasury website, the most popular suggestion was to make big cuts in overseas aid.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/186090/Slash-foreign-aid-voters-tell-George-Osborne

I've long believed that Foreign Aid should be slashed and the money spent at home so it's good to see that this saving is at the top of the list of suggestions from the general public.

I'm shocked you support that idea dune, it was in the BNP manifesto for the last election. Surely you don't want to be associated with them?

I've long beleived the Oxfam slogan "Charity begins at home; what planet are you on?!" As a 'developed' country we have a duty to help those countries who need it because we sure as hell are not going to experience any earthquakes or famine anytime soon, Call me old fashioned but what is wrong with having compassion for your fellow human beings?

I'm shocked you support that idea dune, it was in the BNP manifesto for the last election. Surely you don't want to be associated with them?

I've long beleived the Oxfam slogan "Charity begins at home; what planet are you on?!" As a 'developed' country we have a duty to help those countries who need it because we sure as hell are not going to experience any earthquakes or famine anytime soon, Call me old fashioned but what is wrong with having compassion for your fellow human beings?

Stanley the racist does not believe in compassion for other human beings, especially those from different cultures/races/countries who might not have clean drinking water.

What it was saying was overseas aid is pretty much going to the wrong places anyway ie arms! which is true so scrap that and throught the UN try and use the money we give go to proper aid and should save money.

Complete & utter bοllοcks!

Edited by hutch
swear filter

Not in my name should aid be cut. There are various reasons for me.

Helping the weak and starving is one.

On a completely business and self interest for our nation view, is that a lot of the resources we need are there.China have been trying to sneak in the back door and get the rights to much of the resources by starting to give a lot more to Africa in aid to get the rights to the minerals etc.

Personally I believe more should be spent on educating the africans about contraception and the catholic church could help by accepting it as being a practical way to help stop starvation and the spread of aids.

I also think that people cant see why we are sending aid to China etc, that is a nonsense.