Asylum Seekers Given £2m House After Complaining 5 Bed London Home Was In Poor Area

dune

Mr Nur said his former five-bedroom home in the Kensal Rise area of Brent, which cost £900 a week in housing benefit, was suitable for the family's needs but he said they had felt compelled to move because they did not like living 'in a very poor area' and were unhappy with the quality of local shops and schools.

He said he found the new house through a friend who knew the landlord, arranged to rent it through an estate agent, then approached officials at Kensington and Chelsea council who said 'it would be no problem' to move.

Rules allow anyone who is eligible for housing benefit to claim for a private property in any part of the country they wish.

The £2,000 per week is paid directly to Mr Nur and his family, who then pay their landlord.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293730/Somali-asylum-seeker-family-given-2m-house--complaining-5-bed-London-home-poor-area.html#ixzz0tMK3QCHn

Stories like this make my bloody boil. Not only do we pay for him and his family to sit on their arses in the lap of luxury, but we pay him £2000 a week so he can pay the landlord the rent on a property that was advertised at £1050 a week. I bet he pockets a nice little chunk of the £2000.:rolleyes:

Not bad for an out of work bus conductor. Got to give the man credit for milking our ridiculous system.

I agree. You can't blame the assylum seekers, this is what you get by allowing a Labour government to run the country for 13 years. I will be emailing IDS today and will tell him in no uncertain terms that until he sorts the mess out I will continue to vote for the UKIP.

Mr Nur said his former five-bedroom home in the Kensal Rise area of Brent, which cost £900 a week in housing benefit, was suitable for the family's needs but he said they had felt compelled to move because they did not like living 'in a very poor area' and were unhappy with the quality of local shops and schools.

He said he found the new house through a friend who knew the landlord, arranged to rent it through an estate agent, then approached officials at Kensington and Chelsea council who said 'it would be no problem' to move.

Rules allow anyone who is eligible for housing benefit to claim for a private property in any part of the country they wish.

The £2,000 per week is paid directly to Mr Nur and his family, who then pay their landlord.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293730/Somali-asylum-seeker-family-given-2m-house--complaining-5-bed-London-home-poor-area.html#ixzz0tMK3QCHn

Stories like this make my bloody boil. Not only do we pay for him and his family to sit on their arses in the lap of luxury, but we pay him £2000 a week so he can pay the landlord the rent on a property that was advertised at £1050 a week. I bet he pockets a nice little chunk of the £2000.:rolleyes:

Not to mention the people who think anything the Mail prints about immigrants is true

I live in a 6 bedroom house and I have 6 kids with 1 on the way, I get £90,000 benefits and a brand new people carrier every year. I don't work as I would lose my benefits, but I do a few cash in hand jobs that pays for my beer, fags and bets. I get £6000 a year holiday budget to take the family away and life is sweet in suburbia.

P.S. I am a white Englishman and also milk the system.

Seems a pretty thorough article, exactly which parts are not true?

I don't know what parts are true and what aren't as I don't know the people involved personally, but anything the Mail prints is twisted to suit their own agenda.

They'll print practically anything they want to print just to sell papers and to breed more and more gullibility within their target audience, and not let hard working tax paying immigrants, emigration or facts get in the way.

How can this man have been classed by the Daily Heil as an 'asylum seeker'. He was obviously granted asylum as he had been working (i.e. paying taxes etc) as a bus driver.

Fancy the Daily Heil having a sensationalist headline - whatever next!

They'll be demonising immigrants next

How can this man have been classed by the Daily Heil as an 'asylum seeker'. He was obviously granted asylum as he had been working (i.e. paying taxes etc) as a bus driver.

Fancy the Daily Heil having a sensationalist headline - whatever next!

That makes it's alright then doesn't it?

That makes it's alright then doesn't it?

Printing untruths and distortion about individuals in an attempt to suit the Mail's anti-immigration agenda certainly isn't.

Skin colour has everything to do with it as far as the Mail is concerned, the whole article is designed to demonise immigrants (like pretty much all articles in the Mail) if it had been a white British family they'd have never have printed the story

Edited by JackFrost

Printing untruths and distortion about individuals in an attempt to suit the Mail's anti-immigration agenda certainly isn't.

The whole article is designed to demonise immigrants (like pretty much all articles in the Mail)

Paragraph 1 clearly states:

A family of former asylum-seekers from Somalia are living in a £2.1million luxury townhouse in one of Britain's most exclusive addresses at a cost to taxpayers of £8,000 a month.

Whilst I agree that the Mail is anti immigration, as am I, they are only reporting on a true story.

Skin colour has everything to do with it as far as the Mail is concerned, the whole article is designed to demonise immigrants (like pretty much all articles in the Mail) if it had been a white British family they'd have never have printed the story

Nonsense, I don't buy the Mail but you can tell from what's on their website they often print stories about scroungers of all colours.

They are right wing, they don't like immigration, scroungers or government's who waste money.

Paragraph 1 clearly states:

A family of former asylum-seekers from Somalia are living in a £2.1million luxury townhouse in one of Britain's most exclusive addresses at a cost to taxpayers of £8,000 a month.

Whilst I agree that the Mail is anti immigration, as am I, they are only reporting on a true story.

But it seems that the fact they are former asylum seekers is entirely irrelevant to their current situation. So why mention it?

The story had nothing to do with asylum or immigration. It is about the disgusting welfare state.

Edited by benjii

But it seems that the fact they are former asylum seekers is entirely irrelevant to their current situation. So why mention it?

The story had nothing to do with asylum or immigration. It is about the disgusting welfare state.

Of course it's not irrelevant, they come to our country for asylum yet demand a move because they didn't think the area they got was suitable - surely they should be grateful we have granted them asylum?

What is irrelevant is the colour of their skin.

Just out of interest how many people do you know who have been given free laptops and by who?

my ex works for family support type people in Plymouth..she told me that she regularly gave new laptops to (pikey) families that had sky etc and just got state handouts...they also were entitled to free bus passes...they also had the right to get them delivered to their doors (when they all live within walking distance of the office serving them)

my ex wished she could afford a new laptop etc...

saying that, I would assume crap like that will be cut in the coming months etc

I think most normal hardworking people in the country would be shocked if they knew what hand outs you can get for doing nothing.

A while ago my mate was dating this girl in Shirley on benefits. There are actually places they can go to get emergency handouts. She just turned up said she had spent all her benefits and her kid was hungry then they gave her some cash. She would then go out on the **** in town.

I think most normal hardworking people in the country would be shocked if they knew what hand outs you can get for doing nothing.

A while ago my mate was dating this girl in Shirley on benefits. There are actually places they can go to get emergency handouts. She just turned up said she had spent all her benefits and her kid was hungry then they gave her some cash. She would then go out on the **** in town.

when I was told what people can get I was horrified..what makes it worse...many (not all BTF) expect these grotesque handouts as their "right" and start balling at people when they dont get them...at the same time, making no effort what so ever to get a job of any description

when I was told what people can get I was horrified..what makes it worse...many (not all BTF) expect these grotesque handouts as their "right" and start balling at people when they dont get them...at the same time, making no effort what so ever to get a job of any description

One of my company's clients is a local housing association. We would be there for a meeting and these scroungers sometimes turn up demanding a better property, some have actually demanded that the association pays for their cab fare home.

The problem is the only people who really know the system are the ones milking it, or the do-gooders handing out the cash - neither publicise it or want it to stop.

oh no another labour hateing thread started once again by our fascist bnp propagandist who hates all things to do with democracy

i could find the same propaganda when the Tories governments in the past were in charge .

the lord haw haw of this board comes across has a small minded litle man looking for everything bad about labour.

ps i,m not a labour voter by the way but realise that they have done good things for people likewise tories and liberals .

I don't support the idea of scroungers getting things not due to them - where have I ever said that?.

The last government came up with the idea of all families having access to the internet. This was so that children from all backgrounds had a fair chance of getting help with their education. And I believe the current government also supports the idea of every house in the land having web access.

Depends on how you regard the web I suppose. I support the idea of everyone having access to air, water, electricity and gas. Of course, they have to pay for that access and I think you'll find too that people being given laptops still have to pay for the access.

I can't be arsed to check, but I'm pretty sure that the 'free' laptops are configured so that certain sites can't be accessed.

I don't support the idea of scroungers getting things not due to them - where have I ever said that?.

The last government came up with the idea of all families having access to the internet. This was so that children from all backgrounds had a fair chance of getting help with their education. And I believe the current government also supports the idea of every house in the land having web access.

Depends on how you regard the web I suppose. I support the idea of everyone having access to air, water, electricity and gas. Of course, they have to pay for that access and I think you'll find too that people being given laptops still have to pay for the access.

I can't be arsed to check, but I'm pretty sure that the 'free' laptops are configured so that certain sites can't be accessed.

Anyone can have access to the internet - it's called the library.

I think that's what puts most people's noses out of joint, pandering to the lazy.

If you want to see how the tabloid press distort information for their own nasty agendas and have a laugh at the same time listen to The Now Show about 22 minutes in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00sy4yp

After the 'Blackout to window tinting' episode it went onto the super powers swapping spies. The question posed was what did you swap. Among the answers were:

Ant for Dec but nobody noticed &

My money for England World Cup Tickets

More tellingly the last comment was probably most pertinent:

Best swap? My principles for a spot in the coalition government.

Anyone can have access to the internet - it's called the library.

I think that's what puts most people's noses out of joint, pandering to the lazy.

I think this is a discussion that's been had before.

I don't think many children have access in the evening to the internet in a library that's probably some way from where they live. I don't think libraries open 24/7.

I don't think many children have access in the evening to the internet in a library that's probably some way from where they live. I don't think libraries open 24/7.

they can have access at school..?

also...comparing the need to have electric, gas and water to the need of the internet is stupid...and you should stop it

Edited by Thedelldays

Lot of people seem to be attacking the Mail. Would point out that it is also in the Telegraph. So 2 right wing papers - must be a Nazi conspiracy.

Never fear though as I am sure the right wing council in Kensington will sort this out on Monday.

they can have access at school..?

also...comparing the need to have electris, gas and water to the need of the internet is stupid...and you should stop it

Stupid is suggesting that children do their homework using the internet during lesson time.

Also stupid is suggesting that access to the internet isn't a basic requirement of the 21st century. Unless you're a Luddite.

You know what - I don't give a monkey's toss about scroungers. They're a horrible drain on society. What I do care about is hoping that ways can be found to lift scroungers' children out of the mire so that they have a chance to make something of their lives. It's not the child's fault that the parent is a waster.

Stupid is suggesting that children do their homework using the internet during lesson time.

Also stupid is suggesting that access to the internet isn't a basic requirement of the 21st century. Unless you're a Luddite.

You know what - I don't give a monkey's toss about scroungers. They're a horrible drain on society. What I do care about is hoping that ways can be found to lift scroungers' children out of the mire so that they have a chance to make something of their lives. It's not the child's fault that the parent is a waster.

basic requirement..? I can tell you that in forces barracks they dont get internet provided..!!!

the government should be there to provide essential care....giving out free laptops is not that..no matter how you sell it

how far should it go...what about a working family not on benefits who struggle to make ends meet..who cant afford a computer..? should they get one..?..

how far shall we go..?

some of the people that were getting these perks are happy to have sky with all the trimmings, car(s) etc etc....whilst those delivering said goods cannot afford such luxuries..

I still think it would be fairer to just offer discounted laptops to all pupils, people on low incomes/benefits should pay in installments of £5 a month or something.

I just don't think handing out free laptops to people on benefits sets the right example to the kids.

Oh well - if the forces don't get internet access then why should the rest of us eh? Sour grapes?

Here's the official version of the PILOT scheme that has now finished:

http://news.idealo.co.uk/news/6198/free-laptop-scheme-for-low-income-uk-families-officially-unveiled.html

It explains who was eligible and that it was a limited scheme. It also talks about the benefits the scheme could provide in terms of improvement in education.

But I guess TDD you want everyone to know their place and not move upwards. I guess you're against aspiration.

Oh well - if the forces don't get internet access then why should the rest of us eh? Sour grapes?

Here's the official version of the PILOT scheme that has now finished:

http://news.idealo.co.uk/news/6198/free-laptop-scheme-for-low-income-uk-families-officially-unveiled.html

It explains who was eligible and that it was a limited scheme. It also talks about the benefits the scheme could provide in terms of improvement in education.

But I guess TDD you want everyone to know their place and not move upwards. I guess you're against aspiration.

not sour grapes at all..in forces barracks they provide essential needs...water, heating, accomodation, electricity...guess what..? no laptops/internet....cant be that essential to everyday life..

people can move forward with having internet provided at home..or the means to use it..

maybe, these families could always get rid of their sky dish and pay towards a home computer..?

next thing you will say is that children need sky telly..?

some of the greatest people on earth today got where they are without internet..

I guess I would be bitter if I were a middle aged man living at home with mum, no girlfriend, no kids, a poor education, an unskilled job working shifts, attended neo nazi rallys and had a fascination for men in in uniforms & jackboots.

Wouldn't be shocked if someone of that profile liked Gary Glitter songs.

not sour grapes at all..in forces barracks they provide essential needs...water, heating, accomodation, electricity...guess what..? no laptops/internet....cant be that essential to everyday life..

people can move forward with having internet provided at home..or the means to use it..

maybe, these families could always get rid of their sky dish and pay towards a home computer..?

next thing you will say is that children need sky telly..?

some of the greatest people on earth today got where they are without internet..

Maybe because it wasn't available in their time? You really are a Luddite - I'm surprised you manage to use this forum :D

I come back to my basic tenet. Children can't help the families they're born in to. Any help given them to get out of the desperate situations they are raised in has to be welcomed, surely?

Society moves on and the internet is as big a part of everyday life as electricity, water, etc. etc. is. Once upon a time we didn't have free education and health treatment. Huge numbers of poor people suffered as a result. Today society is better for having these things. It's called progress.

Do keep up with the times.

I guess I would be bitter if I were a middle aged man living at home with mum, no girlfriend, no kids, a poor education, an unskilled job working shifts, attended neo nazi rallys and had a fascination for men in in uniforms & jackboots.

Wouldn't be shocked if someone of that profile liked Gary Glitter songs.

sounds like your typical daily mail reader:lol:

Maybe because it wasn't available in their time? You really are a Luddite - I'm surprised you manage to use this forum :D

I come back to my basic tenet. Children can't help the families they're born in to. Any help given them to get out of the desperate situations they are raised in has to be welcomed, surely?

Society moves on and the internet is as big a part of everyday life as electricity, water, etc. etc. is. Once upon a time we didn't have free education and health treatment. Huge numbers of poor people suffered as a result. Today society is better for having these things. It's called progress.

Do keep up with the times.

but some posters want the Victorian times to return and poorhouses and one of our resident posters would like the return of facism .