Roman is free!

Verbal

Fair enough having problems with the US, but the bit below that I have highlighted I think over-rides petty arguments.

=====

BERN, Switzerland (AP) -- The Swiss government declared renowned film director Roman Polanski a free man on Monday after rejecting a U.S. request to extradite him on a charge of having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl.

=====

As someone with a daughter (admittedly younger than 13) I would definitely want justice to be served. Paying off the victim shouldn't make a difference (and it hasn't in this case) and I hope that he does get shipped back to face the music.

I hope he eventually goes to jail for his disgusting and undefendable crime.

I thought 'The Ghost' was pretty good. A far worse crime was 'The Tenant'.

But none of this is the point. This is not about defending his actions - nobody would. It's about due process, both in the US and internationally. Compare the Swiss court's and government's actions with those of the British government in the case of Gary McKinnon. The Americans thought they could win extradition by simply getting on their high horses - and were prepared to refuse Swiss requests for documents that related to the original plea bargain. My guess - actually more than that - is that the British government would still have folded in the face of such a refusal.

Fair enough having problems with the US, but the bit below that I have highlighted I think over-rides petty arguments.

=====

BERN, Switzerland (AP) -- The Swiss government declared renowned film director Roman Polanski a free man on Monday after rejecting a U.S. request to extradite him on a charge of having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl.

=====

As someone with a daughter (admittedly younger than 13) I would definitely want justice to be served. Paying off the victim shouldn't make a difference (and it hasn't in this case) and I hope that he does get shipped back to face the music.

He actually sodomised her as well I believe

c*nt

Edited by Jonnyboy
needed insult

will you be as delighted when/if garry glitter gets the same freedom...?

Arguing with you is (as someone once said) "like trying to nail jelly to a greased piglet". Is it ever possible for you to stick to the subject at hand?