New forum bug

sussexsaint

Sorry to be a pain, not been on for ages and have come back to the new look forum and just getting used to it ;

one of the obvious problems is the 'user online light' that for a lot of people covers a significant amount of the user name

is it possible to move/remove it?

Sounds petty but I thought you were looking for positive suggestions rather than the usual carp

not entirely sure what you mean, can you tell me on what page this is?

My reading of the question was that SS was referring to the nigh on invisible little dot along side your user name on each post. Clearly if you are offline/hidden it will just remain "white" though more a whitish grey colour and only shows as green when you are online. Fair to say that is guesswork especially as my user online light doesn't even come close to obscuring anything:D

My reading of the question was that SS was referring to the nigh on invisible little dot along side your user name on each post. Clearly if you are offline/hidden it will just remain "white" though more a whitish grey colour and only shows as green when you are online. Fair to say that is guesswork especially as my user online light doesn't even come close to obscuring anything:D

if only

This seems to affect individual users, and it is perhaps more to do with their browser type/version/settings/screen resolution, than anything else. From my screen, every user has a perfectly good setup.

I'm still wondering if Baj remains clueless TBH:D

• 2 weeks later...
Fair enough I 'll look at my settings but on my screen I can't see the j in Baj as it's covered with a little grey square annd an online or not light.

Again I know it sounds petty but it just makes the forum look more messy than it should

Check these screenshots of this thread. One is with Mozilla Firefox and the other is with IE6. Notice IE6 has faults as you describe. Check your browser, and if it is IE6, a quick upgrade to IE7 [if you wish to stay with Internet Explorer] should do the trick.

IE6bug.jpg

MF3.6nobug.jpg

IE6 is notoriously slow with 98/ME.

Not if you have a stack load of RAM, it isn't. We all know the stories of how sh!t Windows ME was, but a year or two back, me and a Linux buddy decided to play around with it, using a fairly modern computer, well, at least as Windows ME was concerned, with about 512mb to 1gb of DDR RAM plugged in. We had a fairly good graphics card in there too, just for good measure.

The result was that Windows ME flew like the effing wind. Much faster than almost any operating system I can remember using, and amazingly stable too. We upgraded it, online to the point where there were no more addons or improvements to be made. Even my died-in-the-wool Linux mate laughed at the speed. Games and software that would stutter and chug along, 10 years ago, because of inadequate hardware resources, were wallowing in huge amounts of headroom. I loaded up an old Flight Sim, that used to have to be set at rather minimal levels to work before, at maximum settings, and it almost ran too fast..! I kept the config of the HDD and occasionally I'll plug it into any PC that has a problem, as a system drive. Weirdly, the ME database can find adequate drivers for practically anything, plus the graphics card is reasonably well supported too. This is for EIDE supporting motherboards, of course, but one day I'll bother to stick it on a SATA drive and have another laugh. BTW, IE6 ran fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this, but might as well do so here as I can't create threads. Money gone out of my paypal account for renewal of subscription, but my account has gone down to registered user status. Probably due to the fact that my username has been changed in the past year. Fix please? Thanks.