French ban the wearing of the Burka.....

saint lard

Easy. If you are caught in the street wearing one... £80 fine. Simple.

yes but what happens if loads refuse to pay the fine,its going to be expensive process for the french taxpayer,i doubt that it will go on the statute books and i think the law does not specify burkas .

Stu 100% with yer,,,,Mind you there could be a good reason why the men make there Girls wear em,,,,,,,,,There fucin ugly.

Or, or, or - the women choose to wear them because they're fed up with saddo pervs ogling them.

If the veil / burkha were to be banned here it should be matched with a ban on fat blokes wearing vests / shorts / showing off beer bellies. That's far more offensive.

Or, or, or - the women choose to wear them because they're fed up with saddo pervs ogling them.

If the veil / burkha were to be banned here it should be matched with a ban on fat blokes wearing vests / shorts / showing off beer bellies. That's far more offensive.

no it should not....

you cant wear your crash helmet in a petrol station in most cases..what is your opinion on that..?

And I am not being racist. We live in a state of heightened security. Burkas are a security risk and can be used to conceal identity... not just from people who wear them for their religion...

Nobody in this country, which is a terrorist target, should be allowed to conceal their identity.

i agree and think they treat women has second class citzens but where do you stop do you include guys with motorbike helmets on, hoodies ,i can see the case at security centres but not people just walking the streets.

Calm down now dearie, there's no need to drag me into this! ;) (To be read in a patronising Michael Winner type voice)

I can't hide my beer belly, even under a Bhurka!

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy

you dont own a burkha no doubt yet you comment on that..

No - I commented on the banning of the burkha. AFAIK crash helmets aren't banned.

I'm a sandal-wearing, tree-hugging leftie, remember? I think people should be able to wear exactly what they like as long as it doesn't offend public decency.

And wearing a burkha doesn't offend public DECENCY.

Yes, easy decision for me. Their men make them wear them, even though it's not a muslim thing, but they themselves walk around in western clothes. I'm suprised that woman's rights groups are not up in arms about it!

I'd imagine that there are no, or very sparse, women's rights groups in their homelands?

I can tollerate the Burkha, but only if I am allowed to walk around in a balaclava without fear of police harassment. I was section 60'd at St Mary's two season's ago for wearing a scarf across my face.....when it was bloody freezing.

So all I am looking for is equal treatment.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

No - I commented on the banning of the burkha. AFAIK crash helmets aren't banned.

I'm a sandal-wearing, tree-hugging leftie, remember? I think people should be able to wear exactly what they like as long as it doesn't offend public decency.

And wearing a burkha doesn't offend public DECENCY.

No... it affects public SECURITY

Do you not get that?

What if they were born here?

Then they are treated the same way as anyone else doesn't pay a f*cking fine.

Jesus, some of you are so far stuck up your own arses.

F*cking hell, first on the installment plan peoples reasons for not having it was because of defaulters, now people are saying get rid of £80 fines because they might not pay them.

Get a grip.

I can tollerate the Burkha, but only if I am allowed to walk around in a balaclava without fear of police harassment. I was section 60'd at St Mary's two season's ago for wearing a scarf across my face.....when it was bloody freezing.

So all I am looking for is equal treatment.

I work with people who are within the Autistic spectrum,i took a couple out for a visit to a pub one lunchtime,which shall remain nameless,i was told by the barmaid that the guys and the girls had to remove their hats,which some like to wear, so that their faces could be seen by the cctv cameras in the event of 'trouble'

I approached the manager,he remained adamant that they had to remove any headwear.I wonder if this would've included a Burka,niqab or such like on the BBC link in the OP.

We left.

No... it affects public SECURITY

Do you not get that?

So a biker walks into a bank and is asked to remove the helmet for security reasons.

So a woman wearing a burkha walks into a bank and is asked to remove the face-covering element of her burkha for security reasons.

What's the difference? The difference is that, out in the street, one will not be banned but, in France, the other will.

and footie thugs covering their faces with scarves and baseball caps...its a complete racist thing, no more no less

Then they are treated the same way as anyone else doesn't pay a f*cking fine.

Jesus, some of you are so far stuck up your own arses.

F*cking hell, first on the installment plan peoples reasons for not having it was because of defaulters, now people are saying get rid of £80 fines because they might not pay them.

Get a grip.

Nice pleasant reply to a question as usual. Maybe they should ban baseball caps and scarfs as well? sunglasses? hats? fat people tryin to look cool in desgner gear?

What ever happened to freedom of religion? What next, a ban on turbans? I know it is different in France because they have outlawed the wearing of other overtly religious items with regards to other religions, but to just 'Ban the Burhka' in the Uk would cause no end of trouble and at the end of the day it would be discrimination.

What ever happened to freedom of religion? What next, a ban on turbans? I know it is different in France because they have outlawed the wearing of other overtly religious items with regards to other religions, but to just 'Ban the Burhka' in the Uk would cause no end of trouble and at the end of the day it would be discrimination.

+1

All the people saying it's for security reasons are just talking out of their arses, if it was then people wouldn't be allowed to wear crash helmets/ski masks etc in public. It really just stems from a deep-seated fear of Islam by us Westerners.

How many terrorist bombers have been caught wearing burhkas?

One was caught trying to escape the country dressed in one.

I'd ban them in a heartbeat. They've nothing to do with Islam.

The college/organisation who I work for do not allow students to wear the burhka or veil in lessons and they are on the hippy side of lefties.

One of my old neighbours wore a burhka. Was always polite and friendly when i saw her. Not sure the burhka went with nike trainers though but each to their own. Everyone should be allowed to wear what they want as far as i'm concerned, after all as much as the Daily Mail hates the fact is we are a multicultural society/country.

Imo,it should be banned.

May seem harsh to some, but we are all entitled to our opinion.

Being entitled to express your opinion (within reason) is certainly one of the fundamental liberties of a free country - surely an even more basic freedom is being able to wear whatever clothes you choose .

I'll make myself perfectly clear on this - I hate the Burka with a passion , I hate the outdated and repressive attitude towards women this garment represents , I hate the implicit religious fundamentalism , I hate the apparent rejection of British culture & our long history . But none of that is more hateful than having to live in the type of country where the Police have the power to arrest you for wearing the 'wrong' cloths in public .

This is Britain not some damn French Provence - in this country the state doesn't get to order you to carry an identity card at all times or instruct you on what you must think and how you must dress .

And that my friends is the beginning , the middle , and the end of it .

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Living here in Burhka central I can confirm it is only the minging ones that actually wear the full Burhka. It is quite easy to judge the size and shape of a Burhka lady when a little breeze blows through Whitechapel market; generally revealing all I need to know. The pretty ones, (and there are a lot) generally wear a mix of Western/Eastern clothes. A find a pretty girl in a Sari most attractive; but to me they are just as unapproachable as a Burhka munt.