Lockerbie bomber could live for another 10 years

Thedelldays

funny how he was on deaths door not so long ago...now could be around for another 10 years...the doctor who recommended his release was paid by the gaddafi....

now evidence is emerging that he was release so the the UK could tie up a deal for oil..

wowzers

The IRA conducted an armed campaign, primarily in Northern Ireland but also in England, over the course of which is believed to have been responsible for the deaths of approximately 1,800 people. The dead included around 1,100 members of the British security forces, and about 630 civilians.

Martin McGuinness, on trial in Ireland, 1973 “I am a member of Oglaigh na Eireann (IRA) and very, very proud of it”

Martin McGuinness on May 8, 2007 in Stormont, as he took the oath of office as Deputy First Minister, swearing to uphold the rule of law and order. “As for Ian Paisley, I want to wish you all the best as we step forward towards the greatest yet most exciting challenge of our lives”.

If you are looking for true justice, you will have to look hard, in a democracy...

There were very big doubts as to whether Al-Megrahi was even responsible.

A plausible conspiracy theory was that he made himself a scapegoat to stop the US invading Libya, of which there were murmurs at the time.

Another thing that er, didn't help was not long before a US warship down a civilian Iranian aircraft, killing well over 200 innocent people. Funnily enough not so many people remember that.

There were very big doubts as to whether Al-Megrahi was even responsible.

A plausible conspiracy theory was that he made himself a scapegoat to stop the US invading Libya, of which there were murmurs at the time.

Another thing that er, didn't help was not long before a US warship down a civilian Iranian aircraft, killing well over 200 innocent people. Funnily enough not so many people remember that.

That was an accident which resulted from negligence on the USS Vincennes and a series of unfortunate coincidences. Basically they thought they were shooting an Iranian F14. You can hardly compare that with the deliberate bombing of a civilian airliner.

That was an accident which resulted from negligence on the USS Vincennes and a series of unfortunate coincidences. Basically they thought they were shooting an Iranian F14. You can hardly compare that with the deliberate bombing of a civilian airliner.

LOL says the US. . . .

If it was an accident the families are still waiting for an apology to this day.

Obviously in the US' rush to give the warship commander a medal, it must have slipped their minds

Edited by JackFrost

Sorry, but there is absolutely no benefit to the US to be gained by shooting down a commercial airliner. It was a PR nightmare, same as any friendly fire incident these days. What "reaction" could they possibly be trying to provoke? The Lockerbie bombing? They are still waiting for an appology because the US doesn't feel responsible. The Vincennes was under attack by small boats at the time and as far as they were concerned they were shooting at an F14. As such, they apparently don't feel to blame for the incident. Indeed, the Vincennes returned to a hero's welcome in San Diego when the conflict was over.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no benefit to the US to be gained by shooting down a commercial airliner. It was a PR nightmare, same as any friendly fire incident these days. What "reaction" could they possibly be trying to provoke? The Lockerbie bombing? They are still waiting for an appology because the US doesn't feel responsible. The Vincennes was under attack by small boats at the time and as far as they were concerned they were shooting at an F14. As such, they apparently don't feel to blame for the incident. Indeed, the Vincennes returned to a hero's welcome in San Diego when the conflict was over.

As I've said, those there at the time, and I mean in that particular part of the Gulf, in a RN air defence capacity, weren't shocked.

The Captain and PWO/AWO got it so wrong they should have been had up on charges.

How could we possibly know who was on board? Its entirely possible that it was deliberate. And if it wasnt, that wouldnt stop an Iranian/Middle Eastern terrorist group from vowing to down a US airliner in revenge, which they in all likelihood did. Al Megrahi and Libya were due a kicking, and Lockerbie gave the US an excuse to deliver it.

How could we possibly know who was on board? Its entirely possible that it was deliberate. And if it wasnt, that wouldnt stop an Iranian/Middle Eastern terrorist group from vowing to down a US airliner in revenge, which they in all likelihood did. Al Megrahi and Libya were due a kicking, and Lockerbie gave the US an excuse to deliver it.

If Libya was due a kicking then why did the US attack an Iran Air A300?

Incompetence caused this attack, not state aggression.

So let me see if I've got your theory correct...

There was a very important IRANIAN diplomat on board the Iranian flight, which happened to be flying over a conflict involving a US warship. The US wanted a war with Lybia for some reason so they shot the IRANIAN airliner down in order to provoke the LYBIANS into shooting down an American airliner, so they've had an excuse to attack Lybia.

Yes, that sounds entirely plausible to me. :uhoh:

There was a very important IRANIAN diplomat on board the Iranian flight, which happened to be flying over a conflict involving a US warship. The US wanted a war with Lybia for some reason so they shot the IRANIAN airliner down in order to provoke the LYBIANS into shooting down an American airliner, so they've had an excuse to attack Lybia.

Who's Lybia?

try to keep up, the American downing of the Iranian plane was nothing to do with wanting a confrontation with Libya at that time. However, a load of muslims were killed and a muslim extremist palestinian terrorist group vowed to down a US plane in revenge. They were almost certainly the group responsible for Lockerbie. We and the americans decided we either couldnt prove they did it, or more likely, that it wasnt in our interests to do so as it would me more profitable at that stage to stick the diplomatic boot into Libya, hence we found a likely thug by the name of al-megrahi and framed him up. Coincidentally, you may have noticed that Libya has now returned to the capitalist oil fold a lot tamer than they were before the attack. Handy, that

incidentally, did anyone else notice David Cameron's BBC interview today about the release of al megrahi? He was on about how he should have died in jail, then said "because of the crime he had done," then he very noticeably amended himself and said "er, been convicted of".

ever yours,

Grassy Knollington.

try to keep up, the American downing of the Iranian plane was nothing to do with wanting a confrontation with Libya at that time. However, a load of muslims were killed and a muslim extremist palestinian terrorist group vowed to down a US plane in revenge. They were almost certainly the group responsible for Lockerbie. We and the americans decided we either couldnt prove they did it, or more likely, that it wasnt in our interests to do so as it would me more profitable at that stage to stick the diplomatic boot into Libya, hence we found a likely thug by the name of al-megrahi and framed him up. Coincidentally, you may have noticed that Libya has now returned to the capitalist oil fold a lot tamer than they were before the attack. Handy, that

So why did they do it?

I'm a bit confused as to why the US would want to blow up a civilian airliner and sacrifice another one full of Americans in order to put an innocent Libyan man in jail.

So why did they do it?

I'm a bit confused as to why the US would want to blow up a civilian airliner and sacrifice another one full of Americans in order to put an innocent Libyan man in jail.

There was no connection between the two except for the revenge attack planned by the terrorist group. The Iranian airliner incident was entirely separate. Take a look at Dr Jim Swire's website, his daughter was killed at Lockerbie, and he and a good percentage of the Scots affected have completely ruled out the idea of Libya carrying it out, in fact they are hopping mad that the authorities havent gone after the real perpetrators. If you're really interested, pick up a report by Paul Foot called "Lockerbie: the flight from justice".

This is old news. I mentioned all this a couple of days ago.

I enjoyed reading David Camerons piece in the Wall Street Journal where he stated "we are a strong, self-confident country clear in our views and values, and we should behave that way." This is just the attitude a British citizen should have and is the attitude I have when overseas. As Cecil Rhodes once said "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life”.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704913304575371292186815992.html

This is old news. I mentioned all this a couple of days ago.

I enjoyed reading David Camerons piece in the Wall Street Journal where he stated "we are a strong, self-confident country clear in our views and values, and we should behave that way." This is just the attitude a British citizen should have and is the attitude I have when overseas. As Cecil Rhodes once said "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life”.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704913304575371292186815992.html

So you're one of those mongs in Benidorm or wherever who refuses to learn a little Spanish beforehand and shouts at the waiter/bartender for getting your order wrong? Or those that wear their England/Saints shirt, or those who find the nearest 'English' pub because you don't want to 'Eat any of that foreign muck'.

Ah yes, British views and values: "Were profoundly ignorant when it comes to others."

You still haven't explained why the US would want to blow up an Iranian airliner.

I have no idea, perhaps they didn't want to and it was a genuine mistake. Either way, they'd hardly go on record and say it was intentional, and in any case I was more interested in the guilt or otherwise of al-megrahi, seeing as that was a crime carried out in British territory and imho a travesty of what we call justice.

I have no idea, perhaps they didn't want to and it was a genuine mistake. Either way, they'd hardly go on record and say it was intentional, and in any case I was more interested in the guilt or otherwise of al-megrahi, seeing as that was a crime carried out in British territory and imho a travesty of what we call justice.

it will be massively embarrassing if we released him due to other reasons than plain old compassion and justice

I find US outrage about this, even if it was admitted that there was a deal between Libya and the UK govt, hypocritical to put it mildly.When I think of the sorts of people they are willing to get into bed with in pursuit of a good oil or arms deal.

If this had been a BA flight over Maine or somewhere like that, with 270-odd UK citizens on board, they had the person in prision, and that persons nation offered the US a juicy oil or arms deal, they'd jump without a moment's second thought...

So you're one of those mongs in Benidorm or wherever who refuses to learn a little Spanish beforehand and shouts at the waiter/bartender for getting your order wrong? Or those that wear their England/Saints shirt, or those who find the nearest 'English' pub because you don't want to 'Eat any of that foreign muck'.

Ah yes, British views and values: "Were profoundly ignorant when it comes to others."

Attempting to speak a foreign language puts you at an immediate disadvantage with the natives. David Niven in 55 days at Peeking is my role model for how a British citizen should conduct oneself when overseas.

Also can you please refrain from using the term "mongs" because it isn't clever.

Edited by dune

Ahhh! But if we shout louder than them then they understand us.

Indeed, they do understand us, or those who behave in that way.

Attempting to speak a foreign language puts you at an immediate disadvantage with the natives. David Niven in 55 days at Peeking is my role model for how a British citizen should conduct oneself when overseas.

Also can you please refrain from using the term "mongs" because it isn't clever.

Surely attempting to speak a foreign language, when abroad, is all part of the cultural experience? It's also a mark of respect and acceptance of their culture. One would probably gain more repect for at least trying?

And back to the topic. I find it rich how Americans have the gaul to lecture us on this issue given that the Kennedy clan supported the IRA and successive American governments did **** all to stop the IRA fundraising campaigns over there. Also the Americans were keen enough for the good friday agreement where IRA terrorists were released. Now the boot is on the other foot they don't like. What a ****ing shame.

Surely attempting to speak a foreign language, when abroad, is all part of the cultural experience? It's also a mark of respect and acceptance of their culture. One would probably gain more repect for at least trying?

I do make an effort and wherever I go I learn the foreign word for "thankyou".

I find US outrage about this, even if it was admitted that there was a deal between Libya and the UK govt, hypocritical to put it mildly.When I think of the sorts of people they are willing to get into bed with in pursuit of a good oil or arms deal.

Absolutely Alpine, FFS they've gone to war to protect oil reserves and ensure it keeps flowing. The Americans should not comment on any countries foreign policy or decisions given their recent past (since 2nd WW). America, the only country who can go to war then offer to rebuild said country with 90% of contracts going to American companies, ******s.

Bit by bit the story is starting to unfold

Here's one for all you lefties out there.........Blairs Petrolum

"BP's boss flew to Tripoli in the company of MI6 agents"

This has nothing to do with left versus right. I would expect any British government to look after British interests.

But i thought BP was an "international" company?.....Well at least according to the howls of derision when anyone happened to mention BP, Oil Spill and British Company, all in the same sentence.... especially if it also included "incompetence"

But that aside...i personally, would draw the line when it came to releasing terrorist's...But i guess Blair had plenty of practice at that, what with releasing so many from the IRA.....so no surprise there

But i thought BP was an "international" company?.....Well at least according to the howls of derision when anyone happened to mention BP, Oil Spill and British Company, all in the same sentence.... especially if it also included "incompetence"

But that aside...i personally, would draw the line when it came to releasing terrorist's...But i guess Blair had plenty of practice at that, what with releasing so many from the IRA.....so no surprise there

While terrorism isn't right, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, Nelson Mandela?

The Libyan was not released by the UK but Scotland on compasionate grounds but the medical advice seems a little suspect to me.

The very same IRA that were supported by the Kennedys and financed by yanks. As i've already said I think it funny as **** how the Yanks are crying over this - it's what is known as karma. Wasn't it amazing how the yanks got all upset over 11/9 when for donkeys years you'd been holding street partys to raise funds for terrorists? Explain that Gerogie boy.,

Edited by dune

The very same IRA that were supported by the Kennedys and financed by yanks. As i've already said I think it funny as **** how the Yanks are crying over this - it's what is known as karma. Wasn't it amazing how the yanks got all upset over 9/11 when for donkeys years you'd been holding street partys to raise funds for terrorists? Explain that Gerogie boy.,

agreed. They were only too happy to leave Noraid to raise money in America that directly funded the bombing of the British mainland and the attempt to depose a democratically elected government, but like everything else that the americans get upset about it only counts when it happens to them. The river Niger gets oil spills every year amounting to whats shot into the gulf so far, but nobody in the states gives a f*ck about that. Likewise the vilification of BP and the political mudslinging in the US, I wonder how upset they got when Union Carbide killed 30,000 indians and injured half a million more, they wont even allow a few high-ups to be extradited to stand trial for it.