Hampshire workmen paint white lines around dead badger

chrisobee

What you do when trying to paint lines and come across a dead badger is use your toe to shove it out the way so that you can carry on and do your job properly rather than being some idiotic jobsworth who claims they aren't trained to move a dead animal. I am sure that if they found a dead animal in their garden they would be able to move it.

If it was me I'd just kick it out the way oviously BUT

I can however totally understand why a council work would be hesitant to do anything outside their job description, the amount of blue tape / health and safety around everything I try and do when I sub-contract for the council is ridiculous.

Are you sure confused0024.gif

Well, I can understand it, certainly. Without seeing the said badger it's hard to make a definitive judgement but as it had been there a few days I'd imagine it was in a pretty disgusting state, and you're hardly going to "toe it out of the way" as they way a good few stone fully grown. I also don't know if a line painter would carry a shovel.

Besides, it was a fixed price job and has incurred no costs to anyone.

Well, I can understand it, certainly. Without seeing the said badger it's hard to make a definitive judgement but as it had been there a few days I'd imagine it was in a pretty disgusting state, and you're hardly going to "toe it out of the way" as they way a good few stone fully grown. I also don't know if a line painter would carry a shovel.

The biggest problem is where do you put the dead badger? sure as **** can't just dump it in someone else garden or a bin. As soon as you move the badger it becomes your problem and you have to deal with any repercussions.

how about the verge?

Again this is all common sense stuff and it's exactly what I'd do but if someone was to complain that a dead badger was moved five yards rather than taken away the subby who moved him would be in all sorts of **** with the office monkeys at the council.

I'm not exaggerating either, they're a nightmare to sub-contract for.

Again this is all common sense stuff and it's exactly what I'd do but if someone was to complain that a dead badger was moved five yards rather than taken away the subby who moved him would be in all sorts of **** with the office monkeys at the council.

Well I'm a stroppy so and so which means I'd just take my chances TBH.

No wonder this country's gone down the pan.

If it was me I'd just kick it out the way oviously BUT

I can however totally understand why a council work would be hesitant to do anything outside their job description, the amount of blue tape / health and safety around everything I try and do when I sub-contract for the council is ridiculous.

/\

don't bovines carry this too? and no, i wouldn't even attempt to move a cow's carcarse if it was in my way.

the welsh were a bit miffed the other day weren't they due to our london city types deciding what they can and can't do in their own country ala culling badgers.

/\

don't bovines carry this too? and no, i wouldn't even attempt to move a cow's carcarse if it was in my way.

the welsh were a bit miffed the other day weren't they due to our london city types deciding what they can and can't do in their own country ala culling badgers.

I am not sure about bovines, all mammals have the capaility to carry TB, it's just that it seems quite rife within badgers. I think they are more worried about the spread of TB to cattle however.

Does a cull need to be done ?? I am sceptical TBH but hey ho.

The thing that sums up the ridiculousness of the general populace most in this article is 'businessman Kevin Maul'.

He appeared to be outraged at the whole situation of the line painters not taking the badger away. The very same badger which he'd driven past every day that week. If it outraged you that much Kevin, why didnt you take some responsibility and move it yourself Kevin, you absolute numpty.

The thing that sums up the ridiculousness of the general populace most in this article is 'businessman Kevin Maul'.

He appeared to be outraged at the whole situation of the line painters not taking the badger away. The very same badger which he'd driven past every day that week. If it outraged you that much Kevin, why didnt you take some responsibility and move it yourself Kevin, you absolute numpty.

my thoughts exactly. Reminds me of the plaintive yowling from my missus, 3 weeks ago she actually deigned to drive somewhere when we went out for a meal, tried to clean the windscreen en route and cursed her car because the screenwash was empty. Fast-forward to yesterday, she comes home from work in a foul mood and declares that "that ****ing windscreen washer is still empty!!!" words fail me

my thoughts exactly. Reminds me of the plaintive yowling from my missus, 3 weeks ago she actually deigned to drive somewhere when we went out for a meal, tried to clean the windscreen en route and cursed her car because the screenwash was empty. Fast-forward to yesterday, she comes home from work in a foul mood and declares that "that ****ing windscreen washer is still empty!!!" words fail me

Eh?