Katla, 2nd Iclandic volcano has just had 19 earthquakes

tony13579

About 10 times.... I have been watching this link for two months and this is a big increase in activity....

Also... they are very concentrated on the NW rim... there have been 14 in one day before but they were spread around the map.

Edited by tony13579

We possibly get ash cloud for a year, few flights, reduced sunlight.

More nonsense.

Football fixtures cancelled. Loads of foreign mercenaries, oops, sorry, players, deported to their own countries, (maybe). Sky reduced to showing re-runs of World Cup matches , with vuvuzelas, - plus inept commentators describing the 'bleeding obvious', and of course, even more bloody adverts, - for ash-bins, - with explicit instructions on what to do with them when they're full

How exciting.

Need to reverse all the wind-farm 'windmills' to blow the ash away, into somebody else's 'back yard'

Hugh F. N. Rae.

If you are flying, please check your insurance. We bought holiday insurance recently and there are very few policies which allow for ash cloud disruption. It's worth paying a bit more for peace of mind. Some will include it but with an excess.

activity still increasing

48 hour earthquake count:

◦Magnitude less than 1: 13

◦Magnitude 1 to 2: 11

◦Magnitude 2 to 3: 1

◦Magnitude more than 3: 0

◦Total: 25

Erm...I'd hardly call them earthquakes really. The average human wouldn't feel anything less than about magnitude 3. I'm not oging to lose too much sleep over it just yet.