A couple of things to do this weekend.

hamster

Anyone at a loose end, I have 3 suggestions to suggest:

Netley Marsh Steam and Craft Fair:

http://www.netleymarshsteamandcraftshow.org/red-devils.htm

And the one mrs hamster and I shall be at..

The Newbury Water Festival in Victoria Park and on the K&A:

http://www.newbury.net/

It#s the 200th Anniversary year of the Kennett & Avon, coinciding with the 100th Anniversary of the birth of Tom Rolt, without whom we would probably not have the canal system in it's current state. He travelled around the cut on his nb Cressy during the early war years and published his classic book 'Narrow Boat' which spelt out just how bad a state they were in. Bemoaning the bleakness of the towns and villages along the way which were the very foundation stones of what the industrialisation of this great country. Following this journey he went on to found The British Waterways Association. Top man (if a little bit of a moanypants)

The birth and growth of the railways (later the road system) rang the death knell for them and the men and women who silently went about their business of conveying all manner of goods around the country. Even in ther war years they came into their own as an efficient and quiet way of moving provisions and munitions, there was a second great community that grew out of this. There's a lovely sculpture at Stoke Bruerne in memory of the women who made this role their own and worked damned hard to keep the waterways working.

Anyway, I shall be there on Sunday, look out for the cowboy hat.

Anyone at a loose end, I have 3 suggestions to suggest:

Netley Marsh Steam and Craft Fair:

http://www.netleymarshsteamandcraftshow.org/red-devils.htm

And the one mrs hamster and I shall be at..

The Newbury Water Festival in Victoria Park and on the K&A:

http://www.newbury.net/

It#s the 200th Anniversary year of the Kennett & Avon, coinciding with the 100th Anniversary of the birth of Tom Rolt, without whom we would probably not have the canal system in it's current state. He travelled around the cut on his nb Cressy during the early war years and published his classic book 'Narrow Boat' which spelt out just how bad a state they were in. Bemoaning the bleakness of the towns and villages along the way which were the very foundation stones of what the industrialisation of this great country. Following this journey he went on to found The British Waterways Association. Top man (if a little bit of a moanypants)

The birth and growth of the railways (later the road system) rang the death knell for them and the men and women who silently went about their business of conveying all manner of goods around the country. Even in ther war years they came into their own as an efficient and quiet way of moving provisions and munitions, there was a second great community that grew out of this. There's a lovely sculpture at Stoke Bruerne in memory of the women who made this role their own and worked damned hard to keep the waterways working.

Anyway, I shall be there on Sunday, look out for the cowboy hat.

The one with the star and crescent on it? :scared:

The one with the star and crescent on it? :scared:

Nope ESB, the authentic leather folding one, apparently it 'suits me' and mrs h sometimes makes me wear it to bed. She say's that it makes me look like 'the sherriff riding into town town kill the baddies'. She has some extremely strange fantasies, I just go along with her for the quiet life.

It was not cheap btw.

Nope ESB, the authentic leather folding one, apparently it 'suits me' and mrs h sometimes makes me wear it to bed. She say's that it makes me look like 'the sherriff riding into town town kill the baddies'. She has some extremely strange fantasies, I just go along with her for the quiet life.

It was not cheap btw.

Is the hat of Australian origin and does it make you look like Indiana Jones?

Plenty of good ales along the K&A?