4 found dead in Fordingbridge

Dave Benson Phillips

this sort of thing is happening WAY too often....it makes me sick!!...how the f00k can anyone sink a knife into the body of an innocent child (especially their OWN child)?????? it's completely beyond comprehension........

:(

Slit their throats apparantly.

Third time it has happened within in Southampton area in the last 18 months where some freak has killed his missus/children.

Big Saints fan it seems from her facebook page.

Edit: And a Saintsweb poster.

R.I.P

Wow, that is seriously shocking

Clearly people will soon be asking about her username.

No matter how desperate or depressed somebody is, to kill your 2 kids like that is beyond the comprehension of most people

Why does her posting on a messageboard make it more shocking?

Only you, in that post.

Because people feel part of some kind of community when they interact with each other on a forum

I remember when Sir Griff was killed in Southampton City Centre, there was an outpouring of grief and shock on here even though most had never met the guy

Because people feel part of some kind of community when they interact with each other on a forum

I remember when Sir Griff was killed in Southampton City Centre, there was an outpouring of grief and shock on here even though most had never met the guy

Yep, and alot of us went for a beer before a match in his memory.

Mind you, there might be 2 Vicky Cases in the area.

This is so weird.....living and growing up in Fordingbridge this is just so surreal. Reporters and police just all over the place all day asking questions.

Had mates phoning from Abroad asking what was going on cause its been on national news in europe and america.

Normal family, been together for years, tried for ages to have the kids. No worries in their lives as far as we knew. She ran a local nursery so this has touched a lot of people in the town directly. Completely inexplicable, I can't begin to imagine what happened to trigger this, he was just a typical family guy who worked hard for his wife and kids. I actually dreaded coming home last night and have a sick feeling in my bones that won't go away, this is a quiet happy place tucked away from this sort of thing :(

Normal family, been together for years, tried for ages to have the kids. No worries in their lives as far as we knew. She ran a local nursery so this has touched a lot of people in the town directly. Completely inexplicable, I can't begin to imagine what happened to trigger this, he was just a typical family guy who worked hard for his wife and kids. I actually dreaded coming home last night and have a sick feeling in my bones that won't go away, this is a quiet happy place tucked away from this sort of thing :(

Is she the brunnete 'Vicky Case' on Facebook? The one that is a member of Saintsweb and various Saints fan pages?

My brother in law spoke to andrew case a couple of weeks ago and case he told him his wife's credit card was stolen and 7 k taken.

Surely if his wife's credit card was actually stolen the 7k would be returned by the bank straight away. Fraud on your card doesn't leave you in debt.

Surely if his wife's credit card was actually stolen the 7k would be returned by the bank straight away. Fraud on your card doesn't leave you in debt.

unless it wasn't stolen and the wife had maxed out the cards, which is what caused him to flip.

Just thinking out loud , not saying this definitely happened.

My brother in law spoke to andrew case a couple of weeks ago and case he told him his wife's credit card was stolen and 7 k taken.

Your post above has been quoted verbatim in tonight's London Evening Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23860262-post-mortems-due-on-toddlers-murdered-by-suicidal-dad.do

Writing on an internet forum one member revealed the couple were worried about money owed on Mrs Case's credit card. He wrote: “My brother-in-law spoke to Andrew Case a couple of weeks ago and he told him his wife's credit card was stolen and £7k taken.”
Edited by trousers

Your post above has been quoted verbatim in tonight's London Evening Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23860262-post-mortems-due-on-toddlers-murdered-by-suicidal-dad.do

Writing on an internet forum one member revealed the couple were worried about money owed on Mrs Case's credit card. He wrote: “My brother-in-law spoke to Andrew Case a couple of weeks ago and he told him his wife's credit card was stolen and £7k taken.”

It seems to be emerging that the family were heavily in debt. I don't know about the £7K stolen from a credit card, but that can't have helped, if true. Seems a rather drastic way out of one's troubles, so the debt was simply enormous, and/or the father took the apparent shame of debt very badly indeed.

When the first reports came out, one or two little things made me wonder if they were living above their income. It's a lesson to all of us to ignore the pressure of peers and society. One doesn't have to have the latest, the biggest, the smallest, the fastest, whatever, simply because they are out there. Capitalism actually helps to foster a sick society unless there is self discipline among its individuals. Live within one's means and find a way to be happier way without 90% of the crap. Very sad.

• 2 weeks later...

So much misinformation in this story. Initial report from ambulance crew was that all three had had their throats cut, then it was suggested that Vicky was found with a bag over her head and the two little girls upstairs on the parents' bed. Now at Andrew's inquest it has been revealed that the mother and daughters were found together. Rumour in Fordingbridge is that the police have not found the knife used on Vicky. And why allow the burial of the children without establishing cause of death? The likely method of smothering is difficult for pathologists to detect but not impossible. Wouldn't surprise me if there was more to come out of this case.