Happy Slapping Death

Dog

CCTV footage showing the moment a man was fatally attacked in front of his 3 year old granddaughter by two teenagers has been released by his family. He died a week after the assault in Tooting, south west London. Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It is unusual for something as graphic as this CCTV to be released but the family wanted it shown.

"They wanted people to see for themselves the More..violence and futility of the attack on a defenceless old man in front of his young granddaughter and to show the cowardice of the attackers."

Mr Haque's death was the culmination of a series of "happy slapping" incidents which were recorded on mobile phones and showed youths running off and laughing afterwards.

El****, 16, was jailed for four and a half years and Lyzai, 15, for three and a half years.

"As a result of your so-called bit of fun he was deprived of a full and contented life and his family of a devoted, inspiring and beloved father and grandfather," Judge Martin Stephens told Mr Haque's killers.

"The blow or blows launched on this gentleman led directly to his death."

He lifted restrictions on naming the pair as a warning to others "who may be tempted to indulge in such appalling behaviour".

Mr Haque's son Arfan, 35, said outside court: "I thought justice has not been served today. I have been really let down.

"The CPS really need to buck up their ideas because people are getting away with murder. My father died. It's a disgrace."

He had earlier told the court in a statement: "It is tragic that he died in the way he did because he was a very peaceful man."

He said his daughter, who witnessed the attack, had been traumatised by what happened because she had a special relationship with her grandfather.

A third youth, aged 15, who cannot be named, was locked up for six months after admitting, with El****, to actual bodily harm against a couple in their 70s.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c01_1280180386

Hang the ba5tards!

It's hard not to agree with your final comment.

Tragic for the family, traumatising for the young child and his wife (?).

These worthless, cheap, thugs are so lucky to be in a society which looks so benevolently on their crime.

By the time they are 20 they have their lives back while this poor family have to live their lives with their father/grandad having been taken by this unnatural act.

Poor kid, having to witness that. They way he runs straight to his Grandad shows how much he loves him and knows he is hurt.

As for the scum that did it, out in 18months/2 years? 18 years old and they can start their life again. Justice my ass

well this is a case where the home sec should be appealing the sentence, far to light, they went out and this was to all intents a premeditated attack, ok not this victim but they had the intention to attack and film

the kid will now miss out on the special relationship only grandparents can give whilst those lads it will only be a 'blip' in their lives

hang em

It really is a pathetic sentence, these thugs went out with the intention to inflict an assault on an innocent member of the public. It wasn't accidental but a premeditated! So why oh why does a judge send out such a weak willed lilly livered message to these low life scum. Until society starts getting tough with these low life's then nothing will change.

This sort of thing will be always be tolerated because there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it. This is all about attitude and respect for fellow people, not extra policing and harsher jail sentences, although they did get away with no more than a smack on the wrist, IMO. Today's society is all about a lack of respect for fellow people, and it's no wonder that teenagers think they can do as they please. We are teaching them so every day.

Do you know anyone who is a teenager, who might be inclined towards gang behaviour..? What would their attitude to this be..? Would they laugh..? If so, why..? Would they be appalled, but then go out and commit some sort of harm or damage to others..? We can all be shocked and say... Hang them... because it shows everyone how right we are, and we can feel good about it, but then we wash our hands of it. I'm the same. As long as we keep saying how shocked we are and then get on with our lives, it'll keep happening.

****s. If the swear filter picks up on it, I just used the "C" word to describe them.

But it does beg the question, if you're out walking around alone and you see this happen, would you intervene? The good in us all would want to, but as logical human beings I'm sure we'd all shy away, and do everything in our power to get involved remotely - i.e. call the police. There's being a good samaritan, and then there's being over-confident.

This makes me so angry and sad for that little kid! Anyone who has kids out there will know the feeling. Looking at that little child there whilst the grandad is knocked out, imagine what they're thinking and having to be alone like that coss some c***ts thought it was funny to knock out their grandad. 2 years isn't good enough, I'd like to see them try that on a healthy strong man, f**king cowards!

****s. If the swear filter picks up on it, I just used the "C" word to describe them.

But it does beg the question, if you're out walking around alone and you see this happen, would you intervene? The good in us all would want to, but as logical human beings I'm sure we'd all shy away, and do everything in our power to get involved remotely - i.e. call the police. There's being a good samaritan, and then there's being over-confident.

If I saw someone do that to a pensioner I'd smack the ****. If someone did it to my grandparents, I'd kill them.

Twáts like this lot make me angry! I especially think of the 3 year old girl here who is just left standing in the street late at night next to her dead Grandfather.

She should be in bed at that time of night, not roaming the streets of London.