Fire

SuperMikey

Was coming back from the cinema after watching Inception (cracking film btw) and noticed a whole load of police cars and vans parked at the top of my road, with a rather large crime scene cordon placed around the area. Apparently, as you may have seen on ITV News this evening, one of my neighbours set himself on fire in his car and then changed his mind halfway through. He managed to get out of the car but he's now in hospital with 80% body burns and it doesn't look like he'll make it through the night. Rather odd turn of events, everything was pretty normal when I left for the cinema at 2pm!

Took place right at the top of my road, about 50m from my house in Hartley Wintney (near Hook in North Hampshire). Our fire brigade is pretty amateurish, they're made up of part-timers and volunteers, so i'm not surprised they didn't put it out the first time round! Car seemed pretty untouched apart from some burn marks up the side of the driver door and the windows were all smoked up and full of ash. Biiiiig burn mark on the grass where he's probably tried to roll around to put himself out and scraps of burnt clothing lying about. Horrible business, seemed like a nice bloke too. It's a pretty quiet community we've got here as well, so when something like this happens it hits kinda hard.

And Inception was f*cking brilliant.

Took place right at the top of my road, about 50m from my house in Hartley Wintney (near Hook in North Hampshire). Our fire brigade is pretty amateurish, they're made up of part-timers and volunteers, so i'm not surprised they didn't put it out the first time round! Car seemed pretty untouched apart from some burn marks up the side of the driver door and the windows were all smoked up and full of ash. Biiiiig burn mark on the grass where he's probably tried to roll around to put himself out and scraps of burnt clothing lying about. Horrible business, seemed like a nice bloke too. It's a pretty quiet community we've got here as well, so when something like this happens it hits kinda hard.

And Inception was f*cking brilliant.

Pretty sure it was Odiham who attended, who are all part-time but are professional. Hampshire has no volunteers fire fighters........

Matey not make it then?

Pretty sure it was Odiham who attended, who are all part-time but are professional. Hampshire has no volunteers fire fighters........

Matey not make it then?

If it was Odiham then fair enough, I had assumed it was Hartley due to it happening just on the other side of the village. No news so far, not a single thing on BBC about it either, not even regional. Odd considering my mate phoned up the news team when he noticed there was nowt on the website. My road's full of gossipers, so will try and see if there's any update tomorrow, but don't expect good news is what i've heard from people who were there at the start when the bobbies turned up.

Just spotted this thread... On the assumption there aren't many people setting themselves on fire in the same area, this was a mate of mine.

He was a great bloke and not someone you'd think would do such a thing. As Mikey suggests he did have some gossip worthy things going on in his private life but nothing worth topping yourself over.

What a ****ing nasty way to go though...