Ian Huntley

Viking Warrior

I cannot believe this animal has the audacity to be seeking £100k compensation against the prison service

for not protecting him as his human rights were breached

That arseole deserves to rot in jail for what he did to those two lasses.

What is it with some lawyers who encourage these crazy claims for the scum of the earth

He's within his rights to receive compensation because the prison has a duty of care to protect inmates. He has a rock solid case because clearly he wasn't protected. You could argue that prisoners should not be afforded this protection, but i'd be against this because not all prisoners are fiends like him. Your anger should be directed towards the prison service and the government. On the one hand people like him should spend their prison lives in solitary confinement (failure on the part of the prison service/govt), on the the other hand they should be hanged (failire on the part of the government).

IM not suprised at your response Dune. but he shouldnt have rights. What about the two ten year olds he murdered. He didnt give a toss about them so in my opinion he desrves all he gets in prison

The state and us tax payers are already paying a huge cost for protecting his girlfriend

I wonder if she is still living up here under protection.

Unfortunately, what he did has nothing to do with whether he can claim compensation or not.

We might not believe he deserves protection, but the law does... I don't like it, but he's probably entitled to it, unless the prison can prove they took reasonable precautions to protect him.

Ignore the law in one instance because people believe it's wrong, and that's a slippery slope, complain that the law should be changed, rather than for the law not to be followed.

While Huntley doesn't "deserve" human rights you can't have a situation where vigilanti justice inside prisons is tacitly encouraged by prison authorities. The state chooses the method by which criminals are punished and that doesn't include physical violence. It follows that the state should therefore prevent other criminals from dealing out violence to those they think deserve it.

He is apparrently living a life of riley in prison. Xbox, Wii , HD and Satellite TV. Computer . Its doesnt sound to me if hes learning from what he has done.

Huntley desrves all he gets from his fellow inmates. And he is getting legal aid to fight his claim. unlike the families whose youg children he murdered.

I suppose he will be released from prison in the not to distant future claiming he has been subjected to torture . oppression and incareration etc

Let the scumbag rot in hell

"The High Court ruling that Soham murderer Ian Huntley is to spend at least 40 years in prison has been met with a positive reaction. Although it fell short of the victims' families' wish that he be forced to spend the rest of his life behind bars, Mr Justice Moses said his order "offers little or no hope of the defendant's eventual release".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4293538.stm

While Huntley doesn't "deserve" human rights you can't have a situation where vigilanti justice inside prisons is tacitly encouraged by prison authorities. The state chooses the method by which criminals are punished and that doesn't include physical violence. It follows that the state should therefore prevent other criminals from dealing out violence to those they think deserve it.

I think everyone agrees on that. I don't see why prisoners should get compensation should the Prisons fail to do their job though. They shouldn't have the same rights as real humans.

The minute he receives the payout, he should be given a bill for the cost of his imprisonment to date.

Exactly, I can't believe the new Tory government hasn't introduced steps to make this the case, especially in today's climate of cuts.

All prisoners should receive a bill for their imprisonment on release. If they own a house or other assets these should be taken as payment. Only if they have no assets should the bill be written off. That way any compo claims by prisoners would just be swallowed up in their bill anyway.

Exactly, I can't believe the new Tory government hasn't introduced steps to make this the case, especially in today's climate of cuts.

All prisoners should receive a bill for their imprisonment on release. If they own a house or other assets these should be taken as payment. Only if they have no assets should the bill be written off. That way any compo claims by prisoners would just be swallowed up in their bill anyway.

So what happens in a case where a prisoner has an innocent wife and children living in the property?

Whatever he did, all rules have to apply to all prisoners. We don't do the death penalty here, and he should be protected from death. He has a case.

It's rather ironic that this 'victim of harm' has actually tried to end his own life but yes, the state is entrusted with his care. Not that he really deserves it, the piece of crap.