Night out in winchester

Baj

Sorry for the second winchester thread in quick succession.

The missus is over for the weekend and wants to sample a little of the nightlife in Winchester. Pretty sure there's no clubs as such, but can anyone recommend some lively bars... and perhaps some more romantic quieter bars should the mood take us ;)

naf all bar wise really. Black Boy is a great pub which attracts all sorts. The Pitcher and Piano and The Bishop on the Bridge are the closest to bars I think you'll find. Club wise, there's the Porterhouse (****e) and what used to be called Moloko's (also ****e)

Went out in Winch for the 1st time in ages on saturday night and still paying for it! Went to Bishop on the Bridge (Nice) Old Guidhall Tavern (w@nk) O Neills (Great - open til 3 ish with a band, packed and good fun). Sorry, didn't go anywhere else, but the Oak was always a decent pub, along with the Vine and the Green Man. But there's so many boozers in a small town centre, you're bound to find something half decent.

Thursday nights and Saturday nights are really the only nights out for students. There are 3 clubs in Winch, well 2 clubs, one vodka bar with a dance floor. Porthouse which is gash, Bar3one which is good when you're ****ed from about 12-2.30am and Mikiki Lounge which is the vodka bar down the bottom of town by pizza express which is good. Winch gets so repetitve though, I'd say I do the Thursday night maybe a couple of times a month and it has become so average... Jailhouse -> Mikiki -> Pitcher (terrible place, ages to get served when busy cos of pretentious c-cktails) -> Bar3one. Samey. Winch is only ever good when you're mashed anyway.

I guess you aren't looking for the whole student clubbing type thing though I've just realised, so ignore all that.